Fudge Brownies

I grunted in frustration at the pile of clothes lying on my bed. I couldn't find an outfit to wear to the movies with Brook. Its not meant to be this hard, its just a movie with a new friend. Brook and i were texting for nearly three hours last night because neither of us could get to sleep, and truthfully, i wanted her company. I slowed my breathing and closed my eyes. I looked ver to the pile and grabbed some high waisted black shorts and a midriff tank top. I choked them on and put on some sneakers. Simple, and easy, perfect. I brushed and straighten my hair out and put a few things into a small bag.

I checked the time to see that it was '7:45', Brook should be here by now. As if on cue the doorbell rang. "ITS FOR ME" i yelled out. i jumped down the stair two at a time and yanked the door open. Brook stood in front of me, three quarter tights and a purple triangled crop top on, her hair was styled perfectly and her body fitted well to the outfit. Her eyes widened when she saw me. I smiled and yelled to my parents i was going. I shut the door behind me and walked down to the taxi waiting. We both slid in the back.

As the taxi started to take off i looked at Brook. "You look lovely" i mention dot her. "Thanks, you look lovely also" she implied. I felt a pang on anxiety in my chest. I gripped onto my bag tightly making my knuckles go white. "Are you ok with helping me look for a dress, i need it for my brothers engagement party" she muttered to me. "You have a brother?" i asked. I don't have nay siblings, i always wondered what having a brother would be like. "Yeah, two, on older who's names Mark, and the younger one named Fineas, but we call him Fin" she replied. "Oh, I'm an only child, and yes I'm fine with dress shopping" i hummed. "Oh good because i need a pretty girls opinion" she sighed. Pretty girl? i thought. I shrugged it off. Girls always compliment girls in such ways.

*  *  *

She started pulling out multiple dresses, they started to take over her arms. "Let me" i said gesturing my arms out, she planted about ten on my arms. She grabbed a couple more and headed to the changing rooms. As she was only alowd five garments at a time, i sat down on the chair holding the rest across my lap.

She zipped in and quickly came out again in a Lavender dress. She looked down the hall to a length mirror and sighed. She looked disappointed, i have no idea why, she looked amazing. She went back in, chucking it over to door to me. She went threw, dress, after dress, each looking even more fabulous than last, but she seemed annoyed. I gave her the last three dresses. I started to look at the sizes on the dresses, she seem dot be a slim fit. I heard the door click open and she stepped out.

*  *  *

Blood, sex, violence, gore, death, explosions, more sex. That was pretty much the movie, and yes it was Deadpool. As the ending credits finished Brook, Cassidy and i stood up and walked out. "Hey do you guys wanna come back to mine, my parents are out and i know where they hide the weed" Cassidy laughed. I saw Brooks eyes widen. "Cassidy" she snapped. Cassidy put her arms up in surrender. "Sure, except I'm not smoking anything, i still got school tomorrow" i suggested. "Alright, fine, but I'm the same" Brook budded.

***

Cassidy's house was in the middle of renovations. She walked us to the kitchen. She bent downing the fridge and pulled something out. "Oh yes, i love your mums fudge brownies" Brook giggled reaching to grab one. She broke it in half and popped it in her mouth, her face fell and her eyes rolled. "Hmmm yuumm" she moaned. I took that as my cue to take one. As i bit into it i felt a smooth chocolate taste explode enemy mouth, they were delicious. "Oh my god, thats so good" i murmered with my mouth full. Cassidy smiled. She quickly tied her dark hair in a bun and grabbed one herself. "C'mon, ill show yu my room" she muttered dwiht her mouth full. Brook grabbed the brownies and we followed her down a flight of stairs.

Her room was the basement. A small glass window near the roof looked out across the grass of her backyard. Concrete walls were covered in posters, pictures and boards. She had a king bed in the back of the room, a tv and Xbox set in one corner, a guitar hung off the wall. She has soft carpet lining the floor. Lantern fairy lights were strung across the roof giving it a dim lighting. "Nice room" i said to her. She smiled and fell onto her bed. Brook and i took seat in a double seated lounge that rested under the wooden stairs. I looked across the rom at my reflection in the mirror, my eyes looked wide and my face looked skinny. I grabbed another brownie of the plate on Brooks lap.

"So Brook Johanson, what have you been up to since i last saw you" Cassidy asked putting her hand over her eyes.I had never heard Brooks last name before. Brook picked up a brownie and chucked it at her. Cassidy picked it up and put it in her mouth quickly. "Well...i have just been-chillin, not doing much. What about you?" Brook mumbled. "Well, honestly, kinda regretting something, missing you" Cassidy said, she placed her hands behind her hands. "It was only three weeks, and you broke up with me" Brook stated. I zipped my head dot her. "Wait...you guys were a thing?" i asked curiously. "Yeah, any problem with it?" Cassidy growled. "No, no defiantly not, I'm just, i wasn't expecting it" i stopped. "It doesn't matter, we were trying it out, didn't work out anyway" Brook snickered. She started to lean on my shoulder.

I looked over to Cassidy, she got up and came over, grabbing another brownie. She proceeded to pull out her laptop. She opened up a camera app and placed the laptop on her bookshelf. "Come over here, i wan tot take a picture" she groaned. I slumped onto the ground and crawl dover, she was sitting on the ground holding a little button, most tliekly to activate the camera. I sat in the middle of us three. "Say badass" she instructed. "Badass" we all chimed. I say a bright flash from the computer, i squinted my eyes shut quickly not ready for the bright light in the dimly lit room.