"We will get through this, together."

"Hey" I felt Quentin link his arm with mine. "Hi" i mumbled. "Whats wrong?" he asked questionably. "Bad weekend" i replied looking down at my shoes as we walked into the school. "Was it Brook?" he asked. I felt a nervousness fill me. "No" i replied, "Just my parents, fighting" i said, i wasn't lying, as soon as i had got home from Brooks, my parents were screaming, and they wouldn't stop. He put his arm around my shoulder to comfort me. I closed my eyes slowly for a few seconds, opening them again and resting my head on his arm. I felt his warmth spread through my cheek, i wanted to cry. I felt my eyes burn, i took a few deep breathes in through my mouth quietly. I blinked looking up towards the sky. I am not going to cry in front of Quentin, he'll ask whats wrong, I'm not too good a lying.

"How was your weekend" I asked him. He bent his head down to look at me. "It was good, i kept thinking of the project, and you" he kissed my head. I thought about it. He was thinking about me over the weekend, but instead of me thinking of him, i was making out with his ex, not even thinking of what it would do to him, until after. I felt my lip quiver, i bit down hard on it until i couldn't stand the pain. Too much was going through my mind, giving me a feeling of an oncoming headache.

We sat down on silver seats next to each other, and of course Alexa came rushing over. "Have you guys done the report?" she asked. Quentin shrugged and looked at me. "Yeah, me and Brook...started it" i hesitated, we hadn't exactly finished, as i kinda interrupted the planning. "Oh...well at least I'm not the only one" she muttered smiling awkwardly. She was looking at me and Quentin strangely. "You know, when you have these flutters and butterflies, the feeling of warmth and anxiety when you love someone so bloody much?" she said calmly. Quentin put his hand onto mine and looked over at me lovingly, though my mind drifted, to someone else. I gave a small gasp before moving my hand away from his.

"Yeah, i feel that away about fictional characters" Alexa added smiling like a lunatic. Quentin looked at me, hurt in his eyes. My heart hurt, i didn't want to do this to him. I breathe heavily whilst talking to Alexa.

***

I took the bus home again that day, wanting to be by myself for a while. I moved up nearer to the back of the bus and sat down on the empty seat. I placed my earphones into my ears and started to play my music, drowning out the sounds of the people around me. It was only when i felt an arm go aroudn me when i realised someone was beside me. I jumped in my seat, freaked out. I quickly shot my head to see who it was. What the hell? i thought, until i saw who it was. Brook. I out my hand on mightiest and breathe heavily. "You scared the crap outta me" I said to her. She chuckled smiling at me. I smiled back warmly.

***

I saw my stop a bit ahead, i started to stand up and slide past Brook when i stopped looking down at her. "Do you wanna come to mine?" i asked her, she moved her gaze to me, " We can finish the project"i muttered. She grinned widely and followed me down the bus. I thanked the driver as he stopped the bus and let us out. We stepped off and started walking down the path. She hooked her arm into mine, i smirked at the warmth of her arm on mine. We walked in silence practically the whole way, just enjoying each others company.

***

I lead her up to my room, she was gazing around the house as we went. I flung open my door to my room and let her in, closing it after her. She walked towards the end of my bed, looking up at my posters hanging above it. I dropped my stuff next to hers beside the door. She slowly started to turn back to me. "Do you have any pe-" , i didn't let her finish, i moved up to her and shoved my lips onto hers, shutting her up. She looked at me in surprise. I felt her jump at i pulled her tightly towards me. She place her hands on my shoulder. I parted slightly, leaving a few millimetres between out lips. "Kiss me" i said leaning in. "Please just kiss me" i repeated, she leaned forward, into the kiss. We started fumbling backwards. I felt her stop as the back of her legs landed against the bed post.

I pushed her over it, not caring if it jabbed into her. She hooked her arms around my head holding me down on top of her. We shuffled up the bed more pressing into each other hard. And then i started to cry. Whimpers came from my throat, tears weld up inside of my eyes, falling onto Brooks face. "Oh my god Shaylee" she said holding my face under her fingers. "Was it me?" she asked, worried eyes wide. I shook my head. I slid off of her, keeping close and burring my face in her shoulder. "What is it then?" she questioned.

I kept my head down while i talked. "I don't know how to tell him. I don't want to hurt him, i love him i do but...i don't think we love each other in the same way" i cried. "I know i have to tell him, sooner or later, but i just can't bring myself to do it". I breathed in hard, Brook cupped my cheek with her hand smiling at me. "Its ok Shay, you will tell him, i know you will. He will be ok, its Quentin, he'll understand. And remember, that whatever happens, I'm here for you. As person to hug, a shoulder to cry on and whatever we have between us" she said. She put her forehead to mine. "We will get through this, together."