Chapter 21

A/N: Due to the fact that this is now going to be for the Watty Awards, I'll be updating it at least twice a day. I guess this is a good thing for you guys haha. But yeah. I hope you guys enjoy it!

Aquia stops a maid coming from the library. "Excuse me, is Prince Mason in there?"

The maid nods. "Yes, miss."

"Thank you!" She grabs my arm and pulls me into the library.

The library is huge, with dark mahoghany shelves and gold detailing. The ceiling stretches really high up, the ladder reaching about halfway before there's a landing so that you can find a book without worrying about falling to your death. "He's over there!" she whispers. She gives me a little shove, and I stumble forward.

Mason leans forward over a desk, studying something. He's so involved in it, in fact, that even when I lean over next to him he doesn't notice me. "Interesting stuff you're looking at."

"Cassiana!" He jumps. "Don't scare me like that!"

I laugh. "Sorry. I couldn't resist. Could I...talk to you?"

He nods. "What's wrong?"

I bite my lower lip. "You obviously like Aquia."

He shrugs. "She's nice."

I roll my eyes. "You love her. It's obvious."

Is he...blushing? "Is there a point here?"

I take a deep breath. I exhale slowly. "Yes. There is."

"What is it?"

I chew on my lower lip for a minute. "You like her a lot. So, I was thinking...maybe you should stop wasting your time with me and with the other girls and just....just go for her. Because I can tell you that she really likes you too and that she can make you happy."

His eyes scan my face. "You love Alexander, don't you?"

I look at the ground, twisting my hands together.

"If you do, it's fine, Cassiana. I was expecting it, sort of." He takes a step closer, putting his hand under my chin and forcing my head up so that I look him in the eyes. "He deserves you. Maybe you can change his mind about the world. You're a pretty girl, Cassiana- I don't think that he could deny you of anything."

I smile. "So, friends?"

He smiles back and nods. "Friends."

I hug him tightly. "Aquia came with me. Do you maybe want to see her?"

He nods. "I'd like that."

"One second." I race off to find Aquia looking at different books three aisles away.

"Well?"

"He wants to see you."

She can't stop the grin from taking over her face. I lead her to where Mason still is. "Have fun." I whisper to Aquia. She flashes me a smile and walks over to him.

I turn to leave. "Oh, Cassiana?"

I turn to look at Mason, who has his arms wrapped around Aquia's waist. She's practically radiating happiness. "Yes?"

"Alexander's room is on the right side of the hallway that Clara's room is in. It's the second door."

I give him a tiny smile. "Thank you."