How Are Alexander and Mason Related to Maxon?

A lot of people have asked me that question, and I have it figured out!

Okay, so I think how it'll go with the family line whatnot business is:

Porter Schreave (the one that took over after the Illéas)

Ansen Schreave (Alexander and Mason's father)

Alexander and Mason Schreave

Oliver Schreave

Clarkson Schreave

Maxon Schreave

Why only Oliver?

Well, the answer's simple.

(and yes, I changed the After the Story part of The Selected to fix this)

Aurelia and Lexona lived in France with their husbands and children. Tyler had died at sixteen, and Lily was murdered in Angeles. Clara was in Spain with her husband, Mickenna was in Germany with hers, and Tatiana had just been married to a Russian prince.

Disaster struck in Illéa. Rebels broke into the palace and murdered all of the guards. When Maxon, Gabriel, and Michael--with the help of Gideon Kade, the best friend of Gabriel, who took the place of Oliver-- ran out to help, they were killed, too. The rebels somehow broke into the Royal Family's room, and they slaughtered all of them.

Oliver and Aniya miraculously survived. They had been hidden in a separate safe room, and they were the only survivors other than some servants. Oliver was immediately crowned king. Aniya had been pregnant at the time, and it was a boy, who they named Clarkson. He was the only son they had, and Oliver had been thankful that he looked nothing like his dead family members. Oliver cut off connections with his sisters, too overcome with grief to speak to them when they were so far away. Oliver told his son stories of his family, and Clarkson named his son after the uncle he would never know-and, little did he know, the man that his son would grow to look exactly like.

Ta da! The end.