Chapter 16

Fuck My Life...

Those were the exact thoughts I had. Everyone was just standing there staring at me. I was starting to feel really small with everyone's scrutinizing gaze. Everyone was looking at me either with a shocked or a confused look. 

Aria who was in Karen's arms started squirming, leaning and pointing towards me . Karen walked over and handed her to me. Aria relaxed in my arms and started playing with my hair. Avery also started showing showing signs of discomfort and started babbling something and pointing to the floor. Carol reluctantly put him down who trotted towards me and hugged my leg and looked up at me smiling which was his way of telling me to pick him up as well. 

Nobody was saying anything. This was really awkward.

"I umm, gonna go put them to bed"

I hurried out of there as fast as I could without giving them a second glance. My heart was racing. I opened my door and put the kids down. They trotted towards their toys which were scattered all over the room. I haven't had a chance to clean their stuff up mainly because we leave early and come back when the 3 of us are really tired.

Well since I called it a day early might as well clean the place. Changed myself and got the kids cleaned up and changed into their onsie and let them play with their toys while I started putting everything back into its place, even though I know next morning this place will go back as to how it looked before but no harm in doing it. As I start picking stuff and putting them away I see Aria and Avery scattering all their toys again. See what I mean. 

I see the time and its the twins bedtime. I pick them up and put them to bed. Aria immediately sleeps as i lie her down but Avery does not want to go to bed as of now. I try to get him to lie to lie down but he just sits right up.

"C'mon baby its time to sleep. Look Aria is sleeping" I point towards Aria. He glances at her for just a second and starts staring at me again. "Okay come to mommy" I pick him up and switch on the baby monitor. 

I decide to take him outside since he always sleeps when I walk with him. I shoot Em a text.

Charllote: Hey can you come over for a bit Avery can't sleep.

Em: Sure, be right there.

It takes her a minute or two to come over. Since its pretty hot so I decide to stick with a cami and shorts while Avery is still in his onsei with his teether in his hand and mouth. Em enters and comes right over to kiss Avery on his head. "Thankyou so much. It'll just be for maximum half an hour." I whisper to her. "No biggie" she waves her hand. "Okay so the baby monitor is on so if you want you can watch tv or something or if you wanna sleep you can catch on the couch or bed anywhere", "Its fine go" She pushes me and Avery out the door.

I decide to take him to the beach since its really peaceful there. I reach there and start bouncing him in a rhythmic motion to soothe him to sleep but he is way to adamant. "Avery mommy is tired and wants to sleep too" I coo to him but he is way to busy staring at the ocean and sucking his teether. "Its pretty isnt it" I ask him even though I know he has no idea what I am saying.

"Yes it is" someone says from behind me and I whip around scared my hold on Avery tightening. My eyes take a little time to adjust to the face of the person but they finally do and I see that its Carol.

She was looking at me and Avery with an expression which I couldn't understand. "Umm...hi"I say awkwardly. She just nods still looking at me and Avery. She looks at me"why didn't you tell me?" she says. I don't know what to say. I open my mouth and close not knowing what to say. "You could have called me, told me what was going on." I could hear her  voice getting heavy and thick with emotion.

Even I could not handle it. My eyes started to water, "I didn't know what to do. I thought everything was fine but even I did not know that things were bad. He surprised me as well. I tried to make things right even though I didn't and still don't know where things went wrong. And then he said that he didn't want anything to do to me. What was I supposed to do. Everyone turned their backs on me. I thought that it was for the best if I leave. And maybe it was"

By now both of us were crying. Neither of us said anything. After a few minutes when our sniffles died down I felt Avery's breath on my neck and his little head on my shoulder. He was finally sleeping. "Well I should head inside and put him to bed" I said after getting a hold on myself. I started walking back towards the house.

"Charllote" I looked back " if you ever need anything or need someone to talk too, you know I am always here" I just nodded and started walking back. "And Charllote it would mean the world to me and Steve if we could spend some time with the children" I looked back and smiled at her "Sure I'll um see you tomorrow". 

When I got back to the room I was exhausted both physically and emotionally. I put Avery to bed and saw Emily crashed on the couch. I went to the bathroom to wash my face. I just wish that tomorrow goes without a glitch and by glitch I mean Austin. 

As soon as my head hit the pillow I was out. 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

A/N:

Sorry it took so long to update. We had no idea what to write in this chapter. Plus we just started college . Well here it is and don't worry the next chapter won't take so long we have already figured out what to do......

Pls vote....

Thankyou..... :*

PS For those who don't know who Steve is, read the earlier chapters but fyi he is Austin's dad.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx