08: Truth and More Truth

India

"India?"

I'd recognize that voice anywhere. 

I turned around slowly to prepare for what was about to happen, I know she's gonna have something to say about what's happened. 

"Hi Shannon, " I said calmly 

"India I think we should talk about everything. Look I'm sorry I lied to you, I'm sorry that we were sneaking behind your back and I'm sorry about breaking the rule." She said looking me dead in the eyes.

"Loo, Shan, I don't thi-" 

"You can't be angry me anymore? I mean you were being all best friend with Luke behind everyone's back as well. You are not better than me." She snapped

"Excuse me no. I didn't lie to you, I didn't break the rule! The rule we swore we would never break!" 

"All you care about is that stupid rule! I love him India! I didn't want to leave him because you made up a stupid rule! It's not my fault what happened to you! You were stupid enough to trust some random nobody, not me! You can't punish me with this rule because you weren't smart enough to see that he was gonna hurt you!"

"You have no right to say that! You don't know what I went through when he hurt me, Shannon! I was bullied all day every day, as soon as I stepped foot into the school I was reminded how stupid I was to trust a stupid boy!"

Now I was firing up, she knew about what happened but not all, she knew I was hurt about it but she didn't know how hurt I actually got. I never thought I would have to tell the whole story, she is trying to use this against me when she doesn't know that half of it.

"How would you feel if naked photos of you were posted all around the school Shannon? How would you feel if a video of you making love to someone was leaked and everyone in the entire school saw it? I was a part of a bet Shannon, he bet with his friends that he could get me in bed in less than two months. So don't you dare tell me I wasn't smart enough to see or I was stupid to trust him because I'm reminded every day that I was stupid" I finished.

She stood there in silence, obviously shocked from what I just spilled.

"Oh, India I didn't-"

"No Shannon don't you dare give me your sympathy. I don't need it" I snapped.

She had no right to pretend she cared now. If she really cared why wasn't she with me these past two weeks? The only one that actually cared about me was Luke.

She still stood there in silence obviously not knowing what to say at all.

"You know what Shannon these past two weeks made me realize something. I don't need the popularity anymore to make me happy. I don't need just you anymore for someone to listen, for someone to care and for someone to be my best friend. Do you wanna know who has not left my side these past two weeks? This guy right here" I said pointing dead straight to Luke.

Luke looked at me with wide eyes.

"He has cared for me while you were off with your "lover". He knew I was upset and that I felt lonely and stupid for having the fight with you so he made sure I was always happy. He made me laugh in ways you couldn't even imagine Shannon. He stayed by my side even though I told him I couldn't hang out with nobodies he didn't care. He made me realize that the popularity, the people who bullied me, they didn't matter. As long as he is by my side, I will always be the happiest I can ever be." I explained.

She needed to know that it wasn't just her that I needed.

And he needed to know that he meant so much to me.

"That's what Ashton is to me, he is my Luke." She spilled.

I sighed, I couldn't hold this against her forever.

"Look I'm sorry, I shouldn't overreact like that. It's just a stupid rule, we should just get rid of it all together"

"Really?"

"Really"

I opened my arms and indulged her in a hug.

"Well, that's settled then! You guys are friends again!" Ashlee or Ash said?

I really needed to learn his name, especially if he was going to be around a lot more.

"What shall we do now? Or were you guys about to go on a date?" Luke questioned returning by my side.

"No we were just getting some food, what about you guys? Going on a date?" Shannon winked at the two of us.

"We are just friends Shannon. Not a date" I chuckled

"Yeah, just friends" I heard Luke mumble, I didn't think much of it, though. 

"Alright, so what do you guys want to do then?"

Glances were shared and everyone kind of just shrugged their shoulders, none of us knowing really what to do.

"We could go back to my place?" Luke spoke up, everyone just nodded and we followed behind Luke.

He linked his fingers through mine and left an innocent kiss on the top of my forehead, before leaning into me.

"I'm proud of you, you are so strong" He softly whispered into my ear.

I smiled at him trying not to cry, I didn't want anyone to know about what really happened for so long but this boy has changed me and my life for the better in a matter of weeks.

We walked up the stairs and through the door into Luke's house. We were almost immediately greeted by Liz. 

"Well isn't it, my favorite couple!" She gleamed

"Nice to see you again Liz," Ashton said swinging his arm around Shannon and holding her close.

"No not you two! I mean these two!" She laughed

"I've told you time and time again Liz, Luke and I are just friends" I chuckled

"She thinks that India and I are going to get married one day, she says it every time she sees us" 

"You don't think knows but you will day, I can bet too that", she said winking and exiting the room.

"So! How about we watch a movie?" Luke suggests and we all nod in reply. 

We all piled into the living room and flopped onto the couches. I tried sitting crossed legged on the couch and then realized that wouldn't work,  considering I was wearing a skirt i couldn't really sit anyway comfortably without flashing the whole world. I tried different positions on the couch before i heard a chuckle beside me.

"Do you want to borrow some of my clothes Kitten?" Luke asked, obviously trying to hold in his laugh.

I nodded and soon followed him to his room.

Luke

Do you know what its like to love someone you know you'll never have? I look at her and imagine all the ways i can make her happy, see that smile or hear her laugh. I want to be the person that is the reason for those things. I want her to love me back. I know that it will never happen and  I don't know what frightens me more, the fact that i know she'll never love me or the fact that I know I'll never love anyone else.

"Hey Lucas?" I shook the thoughts out of my head and looked into her big beautiful eyes.

"Can you unzip my skirt?" She said turning her back to me, I nodded at her and grabbed the tiny zip between my fingertips.

"Hey Kitten, did you really mean what you said?" I said starting to fumble with her zip.

"Back at the restaurant?"

"Yeah, back then"

"Of course I did, Lucas." She said now facing me.

"You honestly mean everything to me Lucas, when my world was crumbling down and there was no light to break up the dark you were always there, I could always turn to you to make me happy and I want to thank you so much for that." She said coming closer and kissing me softly on the cheek.

"You are such a good best friend", India said hugging me tightly.

There we go again with the friend zoning. I told you, she'll never love me. She'll never see me as more than just a best friend..

"You ready to go downstairs?" Knocking me back into reality once again, I grabbed her fragile hand in mine and led her back to the living room.

We both entered into the living room to see that Shannon and Ashton were already on one of the couches cuddling one another. They had already chosen a movie and the opening credits just rolled up onto the screen. India and I both walked over to the empty couch and made ourselves comfortable. India laid her head in my lap, just like we did every time we watched movies together and i started to play with her long brown hair.

Around 15 minutes into the movie I looked down and saw that India was already fast asleep, I chuckled to myself and looked over at Shannon who was exactly the same.

"They must be exhausted from all the yelling at one another" Ashton chuckled

"Yeah probably bud" I laughed looking down at India once again.

Even when she was fast asleep she looked perfect.

"You really like her, don't you Luke?" Ashton spoke softly

"Yeah, I really do"

--------------------------
Holla!

The girls are back together! Wooo! We also saw into Luke's feelings towards India!
Please let me know your thoughts on how you like the book so far! I would really appreciate it!
Don't forget to comment and vote!
Cya next chapter!

-India xo