06: Fighting and Feelings

India

"Why should I stop Shannon? Why should I stop and listen to you make up excuses? You obviously don't care about our friendship that much if you went behind my back to date this Ashlee kid" I spat.

"We are best friends India you have to listen to me! I didn't mean for you to find out like this. I promise we were going to tell you!"

"You were going to tell me? When were you planning on telling me? In like two years time? Maybe just before we graduate? It doesn't seem like you were going to tell me at all Shannon" I rolled my eyes.

"We were! You were warming up to Luke so I thought that maybe you would forget about the rule, but you obviously haven't" She sighed

"The rule? The rule is there to protect you Shannon! Protect you from falling back and being a nerd again! Do you really want to go back to that?"

"No I guess not, but if you aren't going to accept Ashton and I being together I wouldn't care if I was a nerd again. I love him" she said looking back at the one she "loves".

"You love him? And you've been together how long?" I chuckled.

She can't love him, she doesn't know what love is. Heck I don't know what love is.

"6 months" she mumbled, not making eye contact with me.

"6 months! Are you kidding me? You've been going behind my back for 6 months! Leaving me for this kid! Are you serious right now?" I laughed, she couldn't be serious.

"Yes I'm serious! I'm serious about everything! I'm in love with him, we've been dating for 6 months and I was being serious when I said I wouldn't care if I was a nerd again. He cares for me India unlike you, he wants to know how i am and what I'm doing all the time but when I'm with you it's just about you!" she said waving her hands around

"If you love him so much, why do you hide him? That doesn't seem like love to me Shannon"

"I do love him! You don't know the first thing about love! I am sick of your shit India! These rules all of this! I can't do it anymore! I don't need you or the popularity so you might as well leave" she shouted

I stood there in silence.

She was willing to throw our friendship away over some guy?