Chapter 12

Grace stepped out of the car with Princess in her arms.  Grace stared at the house.  She was amazed.  Julia carried the bag with the ice cream.  She looked at Grace with curiosity.

"Well, what do you think?" Julia said.

"Your house is beautiful, Julia.  I can't wait to see the inside of the house."

Julia smiled.  She opened the door.

"Do you really live here alone?" Grace said.

"Yes, I live here alone."

"Aren't you scared?"

Julia giggled turning on the lights.

"Scared of what?  Ghosts?" Julia said.

"Oh, no.  I mean...  It's a big property, the neighbors aren't close...  Isn't it dangerous?  You know burglars and that kind of stuff?"

"Oh, I see what you mean.  Well, I hope not.  The house has an alarm, a pretty good security system with cameras and all that.  There's a security guard that watch the zone constantly too, so I think that we are pretty safe here.  You don't have to worry about that, okay?"

"Okay."

"And now I'll have a dog too to protect me, so there's no need to worry about the security."

Grace giggled scratching Princess head.

"Yes, Princess will protect you, definitely.  Princess will be a very good dog, you'll see.  Right, Princess?  You won't regret having Princess here." Grace said kissing Princess' head, the dog licked her neck making Grace laugh.  Julia looked at her with great fondness while Grace took a good look around.

The furniture seemed very expensive.  The decoration was amazing, everything matched perfectly; the curtains in the windows matched with the furniture fabric.  Everything seemed so perfect.  Grace liked it.

"We could eat our ice cream in the swimming pool area," Julia said.  "Let's go."

"Nice flowers," Grace said looking at a snazzy vase with a big bouquet of red roses over a table in the living room.

"Thanks, it was a gift from your father.  It was his way of say thank you for accepting his invitation to have dinner with him and his family at his home."

Grace gulped remembering that Julia belonged to her father in a certain way, she didn't belonged to her, it was because of his relationship with Julia that Grace had the opportunity to meet Julia.  Grace shouldn't forget that and she shouldn't interfere in their relationship.  Julia was totally forbidden for Grace, but the more she tried to avoid Julia the more she found herself doing all the contrary.  What was she doing at her house now?  What a way to avoid Julia!  Going to her house and adopting a puppy with her wasn't exactly the way to avoid her.  She was doing all wrong and she knew it very well.

"He sent you flowers?  I didn't know."

"Yes, he sent me those flowers.  It was a nice detail.  I guess there are many things that you don't know about your father, the same way that there are many things that he doesn't know about you."

Grace got pale.  Julia was right.  There were many things that her father didn't know about her.  If he just knew about her feelings for Julia he probably would be... surprised?  Disappointed?  Really angry with Grace?  Sad?  Who knew?  And what Julia knew about her father that Grace didn't know?

"May I ask you about your feelings for him?  What exactly is what you feel for him, if you know of course?"

"Of course I know, he is a nice man, a very good doctor, a good friend, I care about him, and there are many things that I like about him."