Chapter 47

"Hello," Grace said answering her phone.

"How are you, sweety?" her father said.

Grace sighed.

"I'm fine, dad.  I'm in bed already.  How are you?"

"Good, I'm good.  I just wanted to say good night..."

"Okay, good night, dad," Grace said.

"Good night, sweety, sleep well, take care...  I love you."

"I love you too, dad.  Bye."

"Bye."

Grace sighed again.  Grace looked at Julia's picture, Julia definitely had a pretty smile, with her beautiful smile she could certainly light up the darkest day.  And now she was beginning to sound corny.  But she missed her so much, she also missed falling asleep in her arms, hearing her heartbeats and feeling the warmth of her soft body, and her breathing.  She snuggled down on bed while a lone tear trickled down her cheek.  She felt so alone.

                         ***

Grace was brushing her hair when she heard someone knocking at her door.  Her heart skipped a beat.  Her nerves weren't very well lately.  Who could it be?  She opened the door.

"Good morning, neighbor," Angelina said with a friendly smile on her face.

"Good morning.  Please come in.  How can I help you?" Grace said trying to smile, she was a bit depressed and she wasn't feeling very well.

"I'm going to the mall," Angelina said sitting on a chair.  "They are opening a new restaurant today, would you like to go with me and have lunch?  My treat," Angelina said with enthusiasm.

"Okay.  Sounds good.  I'll be ready in a minute," Grace said leaving the brush aside.

"By the way, how are you feeling today?  You don't seem very well.  How did you sleep?  I hope I didn't bother you much last night with my music..."

"It's not that.  Really.  I enjoyed your music...  It's just that I miss so much...  the person I told you about..." Grace said.

"I see.  Maybe going out today will help you.  Don't you think?"

Grace shrugged.

"I don't know...  Maybe.  I'm so sad..."

"I know.  But doing things that distract your mind, you know, keep your mind busy in other things could help.  Do you know what I do when I feel sad?  I play my violin, that helps me," Angelina said.  "Do you play any instrument?"

Grace shook her head.

"I'm not good at music, I really don't have any talent for that."

"Okay.  Don't worry.  We'll think of something that you can do to keep your mind busy..."

"I'm ready, let's go.  Should we go in my car?"

"I have one, don't worry, but the mall is close, so close that we could go walking or use the bus..."

"Let's use the bus then.  I like to travel on the bus."

"Really?  Okay, let's do that then.  I was thinking, after lunch we could watch a movie if you want..."

"I think it's a good idea, let's do that too.  My treat."

"Okay," Angelina said smiling.  "Wonderful..."

On the first floor they found Julian who was returning home after buying some groceries.

"Hi, Julian.  How are you?" Angelina said.