Chapter 37

"Phone sex?  I don't know how to do that, Jul," Grace said shyly.

"Don't worry, I'll guide you.  It'll be fun...  What you say?  Want to try it?" Jul said.

"Okay," Grace sighed.  "But the girls are waiting for me in the jacuzzi..."

"It won't take long, don't worry.  Ready?"

"I think so..." Grace said, she was nervous and her heart was beating very fast.  What if Nicole returned to the cabin?

                         * **

"There she is, finally.  We were waiting for you...  What took you so long?  What happened?" Abby said when she saw Grace.  Grace blushed, she knew perfectly well what took her so long, but she wasn't going to tell Abby or the others of course.

"I...  I lost one of my earrings and I was looking for it," Grace said.  "Sorry."

"It's okay, Grace, don't worry.  Did you find it?" Nicole said.

"Yes, yes, I found it, it was under the bed."

"And how did it end up there?" Abby asked.

Grace shrugged.

"I don't know," Grace said.  "What you were doing?"

"Just waiting for you.  Nice swimsuit by the way," Abby said.

"Thank you," Grace said seating outside the jacuzzi with her legs inside the water.

"Aren't you going to join us?" Abby asked.

Nicole and Linda gave Abby a stern look.  And Abby didn't have an idea about what was going on there.

"Let's go for some snacks," Nicole said grabbing Abby's hand.  "They are in the kitchen," Nicole said.  Abby followed Nicole a bit confused.  When they were in the kitchen Nicole spoke.  "Grace is afraid of water since her mother drowned in the bathtub.  Grace was the one who found her dead.  Didn't you know that?"

"No, of course not.  Grace never mentioned anything...  I know nothing about her," Abby said.

"And you say you are her friend?  How could you not know that?  Everybody knows that...  Well, her mother died when she was twelve.  She drowned one day in her bathtub, Grace returned home from school and found her.  It was very traumatic for her.  Her mother and Grace were very close.  Grace's mother suffered from depression.  They weren't sure if it was just an accident or if she killed herself.  She fell asleep in the bathtub, apparently she had took some sleeping pills, fell asleep, and then she drowned.  Since that Grace...  She is afraid of water, bathtubs, jacuzzis... anything that is small and have water in it, she thinks that she's going to drown like her mother...  She is also afraid of thunders, and she really hate rainy days...  It was raining a lot that day...  Her mental health is not well since that terrible day...  Her family is very overprotective of her for that reason.  She has had to be in treatment ever since.  So please, try to not upset her, don't say or do anything that could possibly upset her," Nicole said putting some snacks on a tray.  "Be kind to her.  She's a nice person.  If you hurt her, I'll throw you to the sea," Nicole threatened Abby.

"I won't, don't worry.  As I said I didn't know...  I'm sorry.  I really like Grace, I don't want to hurt her, really."

"You better...  She is my best friend and I would do anything for her.  I'll take the beverages, you take the tray with the snacks.  And try to behave and be quiet," Nicole said.  Abby followed her to the jacuzzi again, thinking about all that Nicole had said to her about Grace, and that she really didn't know Grace at all, but she was getting to know her a bit more with this trip.  And Nicole was a good friend, she was always protecting Grace and Abby noticed that too.  Nicole seemed to be a good person and she was cute too of course.