Chapter 32

Julia wrapped herself with the towel. She sat down on a patio chair. She took a deep breath and moistened her lips before she started talking.

"I... Well..." She couldn't find a way to explain Grace the truth, her truth.

" Yes? " Grace said.

"We worked together, and sometimes we talked, in my office or in his office, we talked about work most of the time. I was at his office one day, and I noticed the pictures he had on his desk. So I asked him about the pictures, I imagined that those were his children, but I asked him anyway. And he began to talk about his children, especially about his daughter, and he showed me your picture. And that was it; I really liked the young woman in the picture, and I also liked all the good things he said about you, he seemed so proud of his daughter... And I think I fell in love with you at that moment. I knew that I'd want to meet you in person one day. So one day, he finally, invited me to have dinner with him and his family at his house and meet all his children, and I said, yes. I accepted his invitation. That was my opportunity to finally meet you, the opportunity that I had been expecting for so long; finally, it was there, and I took it.  I'm sorry, I never meant to hurt anyone. I just wanted to meet you."

Grace blushed, Jul's story touched her heart deeply. It was a nice story, honest; short, but nice, and so romantic.

By a moment, there was a silence between them, both didn't know what to say, Grace was thinking, and Jul, well, Jul was going crazy by Grace's silence. She didn't know if Grace was angry, Grace didn't seem to have an expression on her cute little face.

"I think, I'm flattered, it's the nicest thing that anyone had said to me in a long time..." Grace said finally.

Julia smiled relieved.

"Really? Well, it's the truth, but I think that started all, after that your father has this idea that we could be more than just two good friends... So I probably never should have accepted his invitation. I was foolish, I'm sorry. All of that just got us into trouble..."

"It's okay, don't worry, we'll fix everything...  We'll find a way..."

"I hope so."

"You had a great idea that I'm pretty sure will fix this problem, don't worry," Grace said kissing Jul. " Thanks for telling me the truth. Would you read my story now? "

Sometimes, our wishes become true, like in the case of Julia and Grace.  Julia wanted to meet Grace, and she did.  And Grace had fantasized with Julia so many times and her fantasies became true, and it was much better than any fantasy she ever had.

"Sure, let's see..." Jul took the papers and began to read. Grace waited. She watched Julia while she read, Princess was trotting around them. " Mmm...  I think it's good, very good; of course, I'm not an expert, but I really like it. " Grace smiled.

"Thanks for your honest opinion."

" You're welcome. Let's make those cheeseburgers now, I'm a bit hungry. "

"Me too."

After they had lunch and they cleaned everything, it started raining.  First one drop of cold water fell on Grace's head, then another, and another, and they had to run to the house because their clothes had dried already and they didn't want to get wet again.  Princess followed them to the house.

They were happy, they were so happy that they were laughing.

Since Grace met Julia and began dating her she was happier, happier than ever, and healthier too, she felt better.  Falling in love with Jul was something good for her and was making wonders for her mental health.