Through Death (Reaper x Reader)

"You'll be back soon, right?" You ask, pressing your cheek against Gabriel's back, wrapping your arms around his muscular torso.

"Of coarse!" Gabriel answered, giving his best reassuring smile. Still you couldn't help but frown.

Slowly your lover turned around wrapping his strong arms around your waist, "Don't be sad." He cooed, gently cupping your cheek. "Once I get back, I'll take you to dinner, just like I promised." He gently leaned in placing a soft kiss on your forehead.

You nod, doing your best attempt at an encouraging smile, "Alright deal!" You say.

"Good." He chuckled, releasing you and opening the door. Gabriel cast one last glance over his shoulder, "(y/n)!"

"Yes?" You look up at him.

"I love you!"

"I love you to!" You giggle at his lovey dovey comment before watching him leave.

Little did you know that you would never see your lover again. He never came back.

*******

Reaper watched silently from his hiding spot in the bush. He had accumulated a routine which he had repeated for weeks now.

He would get up early in the morning and run all the way to your house. Then he would carefully use his wraith form to sneak into your room and watch you sleep.

When he thought you were about to wake up he would leave and spy on you from his skillful hiding spot that was the bush outside your house where he resided now.

He didn't consider himself stalking you. He considered this checking in to make sure you were still ok.

He watched you yawn as you watched into the kitchen to concoct some sort of breakfast for yourself.

More than anything he wanted to sneak up behind you, hold you. He chuckled remembering the cute squeaks of surprise you would always make when he used to sneak up on you.

The small smile fading from his face, remembering why he couldn't do just that. You thought he was dead, which was part true.

The man you knew, Gabriel Reyes, was dead and had been reborn as Reaper. Though he may have died his feelings for you most certainly hasn't. If anything they had made him want you more.

Carefully he pulled out the little velvet box he kept with him, opening it to reveal a small diamond ring.

He had planned to ask you to marry him after he had returned from his mission. Back then he had been almost certain you would say yes, but now he wondered if you still harbored the same feelings that you had before.

With a sigh he closed the box and stuffed it back into its secure hiding spot on his person. Standing up he stalked off.

He wandered around the neighborhood for a while lost in though before some one interrupted him.

"Um, excuse me sir?"

He turned, his eyes widening under his mask. It was you. You were talking to him.

"What?" He grumbled, me fly facepalming at the hostility in his voice.

You cower a bit at his harsh tone before asking, "Um, have you seen a dog around? My neighbor just lost theirs and we can't find him anywhere!"

Reaper had always admired your kindness, it had been something that he himself never had until he met you.

"I haven't seen a dog anywhere...." He let his voice soften a bit as he spoke. "But I can help you look." He said, not entirely sure why he was offering. Maybe it was just a excuse to be with you even if just for a little while.

Your face brightened, "Really? Thank you so much!" You grin, grabbing his hand and dragging him off in some random direction.

Several hours past spent searching for the lost dog. While looking you and Reaper made small talk, you told him about your job, and how your friends were. He wasn't much for sharing but he listened to what you had to say.

"So... Do you have a.... Um... Boyfriend or anything?" Reaper finally asked the question that had plagued his mind since he had returned from the dead.

You flinch slightly, "I had someone.... But he's gone now...." You mumble casting a sad look at the ground.

Processing your reaction all Reaper could manage was a dumb sounding "Oh...."

"What about you? You got a lady?" You ask, your demeanor brightening again.

Reaper paused, "Well... I had a girl..." He sighed.

"What happened?" You give him a slightly sympathetic look.

"I'm not sure if she still loves me... I've been gone for a long time, but now..." He barely noticed when you stopped walking next to him. Turning around he stood in front of you.

Slowly you look up, "Gabriel?" You ask softly.

Reaper was taken aback wondering how you recognized him. Slowly he nodded, not sure if he should say anything or what to do.

Before he could do anything else you flew forward, squeezing your arms around him and holding on like if you didn't he would disappear.

"I can't believe it... Is this a dream?" You ask, your eyes watering slightly.

"It's not a dream. I missed you so much... (Y/N)." He whispered, trying to process what was happening. His heart beat a million miles per hour the only thing he could do was hug back, gently stroking you hair.

You burst out in tears hugging Reaper tighter, "What happened to you?! Where did you go?" You sob, tears you had held back for so long streaming down you cheeks in a mix of relief, joy and disbelief.

"That doesn't matter..." He answered softly, "I'm here now, and I'll never leave you again..." Hearing him say this only made you tighten your grip, crying harder.

Reaper held you, rocking you gently until your cries died down. Slowly you released him, running your eyes with balled fists like a child, then you look at Reaper.

"Why didn't you come see me sooner?" You ask, fidgeting with the hem of his coat.

"I didn't know if you still loved me..." He answered, feeling stupid for ever doubting you.

"I'll always love you Gabriel, no matter what." You answer firmly, a crooked smile spreading over your face.

"Well in that case, I have something that I meant to give you a while ago..." Reaper spoke slowly, his mind barely processing what his body was doing.

He dropped down to one knee pulling out the ring he had kept with him all this time. "Even through death I still love you more and more with every day, (y/n).... Please, marry me."

You feel tears welling in your eyes again, tackling the man. "Yes! Yes! Now and forever! I'll always say yes to you Gabriel!!" You squeal. You had waited so long to hear those words leave his mouth that now it all seemed like a dream come true.

You remove his mask just enough to reveal his mouth and finally crash your lips against his.

Nothing mattered anymore, it was like the two of you were the only things that existed in the universe.

Holding on to Reaper you wished a moment could last forever. But forever would never be long enough.

>BOUNUS<

You and Reaper walk hand and hand back to your house, only to find your neighbor outside his house with his dog. Apparently the dog had come back right after you had left to go loom for it.......

A/N: I LOVE REAPER SO MUCH~~!!! Hopefully this chapter was ok... It was really long. And I feeling like it was super cheesy but oh well. Thanks for reading~~! Next is Junkrat.