End of the Game

When I was done eating I was so full it was all I could do to keep my eyes open. I trudged through the house and carelessly peeled off my sweat-drenched clothes with the door still open. I was too tired to care right now. I slipped on a pair of shorts and an oversized shirt. I wasn’t even sure if it was mine. A quick sniff told me it wasn’t. It was definitely Andy, it smelled like him. Whatever I thought as I crawled into the bed. I drifter off into a light sleep, and right as I was on the verge of a dream I was awoken by pressure gently shifting my body on the bed. Suddenly someone was under the covers with me. Whoever it was they were hot.

                “Thanks.”

                What? Did I say that out loud? Oops. Wait, I knew that voice. “Andy?” I tried to speak his name but it came out more as a moan. Lovely, now he was going to think I was dreaming about him.

                “Hmm?” Oh, apparently not.

                “Why are you here?” My speaking was slurred. I really was very tired.

                “It’s my night in the bed.”

                “Oh,” was all I could say. He was going to have to deal with me in the bed too. That annoying little voice in the back of my head (you know what I’m talking about, right?) told he didn’t mind at all. I gathered up the covers, pulled them up to my neck, and rolled over so my back was facing him.

                “You’re wearing my shirt,” was the last thing I heard before I blacked out.

                “Marcie?” I looked into his eyes. The gorgeous blue eyes seemed genuinely concerned for me. The ones that looked so familiar, like I had spent an eternity looking at them.  “What were you running from?”

                The scene was unfolding before my eyes. The thoughts were so foreign I felt as if they weren’t coming from me, but I knew they were. I couldn’t control myself in dreams. This was only a dream after all right?

                “My fear.”

                “Please Marcie. I don’t want you to be scared. You can trust me.” His eyes were pleading mine like he wanted so desperately to know what was bothering me, just so he could fix it. I explained my story to him and I saw the pain written on my face, but I also saw it on his. When I cried, he pulled me into and attempted to soothe me. As he held me, a single tear rolled down his cheek and onto my head. He closed his eyes, and when he opened them again there was rage. He cared about me. He cared a lot. It was obvious now, looking at him this way. I knew I cared for him too. A sad smile formed on my face and a hot tear crept its way out of my eye. When he promised to protect me there was a look of utter determination on his face. I questioned him on why he was nice to me and a smirk planted itself on his face. There was something he was hiding in his mocking answers. When I snapped at him he actually looked a bit sad.

                “Why do you hate me?” The words escaped his lips before he even knew what he was saying. Hate him? I don’t think I could. And I tried, I tried to hate him, but I just couldn’t. He knew this large part of me. I had shared with him what I had failed to share with anyone else. He had an effect on me, a strong one, one that I couldn’t deny. The question was, was that good or bad? Andy gave me a soft look. I looked into his eyes and lost myself imagining him speaking.

                I woke up surprised at myself. That was a strange dream. Was it real? Well, I knew most of it was real, but what about what I saw? It was almost like a different point of view. Was what I saw on his face actually true though? I sighed. I thought it was real. No, I knew it was real. I could just feel it.  Weight shifted on the bed and I rolled over so that I was facing Andy. He looked so peaceful while he was sleeping, almost innocent. I shook my head. Everyone looked like that while they were sleeping. It was normal. I closed my eyes again wanting to get back to the sleep I desperately needed. I managed to fall asleep again. This time, it was dreamless, a change I happily welcomed.

                When I woke up in the morning I felt fresh and rested. I sat up and stretched my arms out. My hand hit something. There was a groaning noise and I had to stop myself from giggling. I had hit Andy in the face. I did it again just for the fun of it. I hit him harder than I intended to though and he woke up with a loud groan.

                “What was that for?” I had to resist every urge to laugh. His hair was sticking up in all directions and he had a big red mark on his face.

                “It was an accident.” I said shrugging.

                “How do whack a sleeping person in the face by accident?”

                “I stretched and your face just got in the way,” I retorted and got off the bed. I felt Andy glare at my back. I dug around in my suitcase and got out my clothes. “I’m taking a shower. Do NOT come in the bathroom.”

                “Don’t worry about that.”

                I glared at him. God! He was so annoying. I went into the bathroom and slammed the door behind me. “And I almost considered being friends with you!” I covered my mouth. What?! Did I really just say that? Andy flung the door to bathroom scaring the crap out of me.

                “What?”

                “Nothing. I didn’t say anything.”

                “Yes you did.”

                “No I didn’t.”

                “You said you wanted to be my friend.”

                I paused, “No.”

                Andy smiled, “You’re lying.”

                I groaned, “Fine.”

                “So you admit it? You want to be my friend.”

                “Will you get out if I do?”

                “Yes.”

                “Ugh fine!” Oh shit. What had I just said? Andy smiled as I walked out of the bathroom. Fucking fantastic. He’s going to hold me to this too.

---~<3~---

  Ok! So I finally got this out! :D Woo! Thanks to RonnieRules for giving me the idea. Sorry it took so long to get out!