One More Twist

Andy was sitting outside the bathroom waiting for me. I ran my hands through my hair. I couldn’t believe this happened. I had refused to have sex with Todd, but he wouldn’t listen to me. Why did this have to happen to me? He raped me. The only guy I had come to trust here besides Andy had raped me. I looked down at what was in my hand and started sobbing again. Andy barged into the bathroom.

                “Marcie?”

                I dropped the stick onto the ground, “Look at it.”

                Andy crouched down beside me and looked at, “What does that mean?”

                “I’m pregnant Andy. I’m pregnant with that bastard’s child!”

                Andy immediately pulled me into his arms. “Maybe it wasn’t right. Maybe-“

                I stopped him, “Andy I’ve missed my period twice.”

                He kissed my forehead and stroked my face, “I’m sorry Marcie. I’m so sorry. I never should have let him touch you. I should have done something.”

                “It’s not your fault.” It wasn’t his fault. It was mine. I shouldn’t have been so stupid. Why did I ever let myself believe I had changed Todd? Now I was pregnant. All I could think about was that I had no future. If I had this thing that was growing inside of me I wouldn’t be able to do anything. I had to get an abortion; I knew they were expensive though. I don’t think I could afford it, and how could I ever tell my parents?

                “What do you want to do?”

                “I want to get rid of it. I want it out of me. Andy, please help me. Please.” I started sobbing and Andy held me stroking my hair.

                “You want an abortion?” I nodded. “Aren’t they expensive?” I nodded again. “How will you pay for it?”

                “I don’t know.”

                “I’ll help you. I’ll get him to help you too.”

                “You don’t have to do that.”

                “Yes I do. You’re my best friend Marcie. I want to help you.” Andy pulled me into his chest. “I love you. You know that right?” I nodded. I knew he did. I loved him too. He was my best friend. I guess I did understand what he meant. If he was in as much pain as I was in I would want to help him too.  We decided that I was going to tell Todd and we would somehow get him to help.

---~<3~---

Next Day at School:

                “Todd!” I called out. He stopped and turned to me.

                “What do you want?” He sounded disgusted. I tried to hold back my anger.

                “You fucking knocked me up.”

                He looked shocked for a second before recovering himself, “That’s you own fault you stupid whore. You forced yourself on me.”

                Did he really have the guts to say that?! I shook my head and laughed, “I can’t believe you! Things didn’t go your way so you decide to rape me. And then when you figure out I’m pregnant with your bastard child you call me a whore! You have no right! Do you hear me?! YOU HAVE NO FUCKING RIGHT!” I slapped him as hard as I possibly could. I stormed off with my hand stinging. I opened my locker and got out my history book and slammed it shut. A scream of frustration escaped me. What an asshole! I dropped my book and punched my locker.

                “Marcie?”

                “What?” I snapped turning around to see Andy.

                “What’d he do?” He looked so concerned and that made my anger fade a little.

                “That asshole called me a whore and said I forced myself on him!”

                “What?!” Andy looked even more pissed then I did.

                “I slapped him.”

                “I can’t believe he did that! God! I just want to- I just want to kill him!”

                “Let’s not commit murder. Just don’t do anything Andy. I’ll talk to his mom and see if she can get him to help pay.” Andy was still furious.

                “Okay. Let’s go to class.” He took a deep breath and picked up my book and walked me to class.

---~<3~---

  Once again it’s short. Sorry about that. The next chapter will be out soon. This is a surprising twist isn’t it?