Short and Sweet

“Marce. Wake up.” Someone nudged me. “Marcie, wake up!” Andy shouted in my ear.

                I shot up with a squeak. “God! Just go and scare the piss out of me why don’t you!”

                Andy laughed, “Well you wouldn’t wake up.” I glared at him. “No time for death stares. You have to tell your parents.”

                “Do I have to do it now? It’s so early.” I whined.

                “Marce, it’s  1 o’clock.”

                “Oh. I knew that.” He rolled his eyes and pulled me up. Needless to say, I wasn’t going downstairs without a fight. He literally dragged me down the stairs. And just so you know, it hurts your butt to be pulled down wood stairs. When Andy finally got me into the living room my parents gave us strange looks.

                “What’s up you guys?”

                I looked up at Andy then back to the floor. I was keeping my mouth shut. “Marcie. You got to tell them.”

                “Tell us what?” My dad asked.

                Andy lightly kicked me, “Marce.”

                I sighed. “Alright!” I stood up and fixed my shirt. “Mom, Dad,” I paused and looked at Andy. He nodded telling me to continue. “I- Uh- I…. I’m pregnant.” I muttered the last word so they wouldn’t hear it.

                “What did you say.”

                Andy sighed and bumped into me. “Pregnant.”

                My parents both looked at me in shock. My mom suddenly smiled and jumped off the couch. “Really?” She looked closely at me then stood directly in front of Andy. She had to look up a little bit to see his eyes. She put both hands on the sides of his face.  She kissed both of his cheeks. “I can’t believe it! I’m going to have a little grandkid. I hope it looks like Andy. It’d be so adorable. Not saying you’re not Marcie.” She kept on rambling about babies while the rest of us just stood gaping at her. Was she insane?! Wait… she thought it was Andy’s kid?!?! What the hell?! Maybe that’s why she was excited. She loved Andy.

                “Mom,” I said trying to get her to stop. “MOM!”

                She stopped and looked at me, “Yes?”

                “It’s not Andy’s.”

                The happiness drained from her face and she frowned. “What?”

                “It’s Todd’s.”

                Her eye twitched. It twitched! “Why that little! Once I get my hands on that kid I’m going to-“

                Andy stopped my mom by squeezing her shoulder. “She has something else to say.”

                Only then did my mom notice his face. “Oh my! Andy what happened to you?”

                He waved his hand dismissively and I spoke. “I want an abortion.”

                My dad finally spoke up, “We don’t have the money for that.”

                My mother gave him a look, “We don’t have enough money to raise a baby either.” I had to hold back a snort. Ten seconds ago she would have been extremely happy to raise a baby. Andy’s baby. But this wasn’t his. She turned to me. “Don’t worry sweetheart. We will find the money somehow. Just tell me one thing, did you willingly have sex with him?”

                “No.”

                She nodded. “He used a condom right?”

                I scratched my head. This was a weird conversation. “Yeah.”

                “Well then, we can get him for rape and sue the condom company.”

                My mom was a fast thinker. “Won’t that take awhile in court?”

                She waved her hand, “Yes, but we can get a loan for the money we need. We have good credit, so we should be able to get one. Insurance might cover it somewhat. And since I’m almost certain we’ll win in court we can pay back the loan.”

                Andy smiled and put his arm around my mom. “This is why I told you to tell your parents.”

                I looked at my dad. He was quiet through this whole conversation. “Dad?”

                He got up and walked towards the kitchen rubbing his head. “I need a drink.”

---~<3~---

  Short. I know. But happy ending! Her parents figured out a way for her to get an abortion! :D