Admittance

***Marcie P.O.V.*** {back to normal}

                Something cold and wet sat on lips. I licked them greedily taking in the water. It tasted horrible and delicious at the same time. I opened my eyes to search for more, but I only saw Andy’s face. I forced my eyes shut tightly. Am I hallucinating? I opened them again. Nope. He was there. Shit. Oh well, he must have given me water. I searched around looking for water. Disappointed, I sat up. I looked at Andy inquisitively.

                “Water?” I asked. Well, it came more of a croak. I drew back in surprise at my own voice. My throat was so dry? Why? Then I remembered I had been running, running hard and fast, when I ran into Andy, literally.

                A look of worry was plastered over Andy’s face, but he walked away to get water. I propped myself on my elbows and waited for his return. He soon came back with cupped hands full of water. He poured it into my mouth, and I had to resist every urge to lick all the water from his hands. Do you have any idea how weird that would be? “Marcie?” I looked into his eyes. Those gorgeous blue- STOP! Now is not the time. “What were you running from?”

                I didn’t quite trust my voice yet, so I whispered, “My fear.”

                His eyebrows knitted together, “Fear of what?”

                “Being-“I paused. I couldn’t tell him. “I didn’t want it happen again.” I blurted it about before I could stop myself. I’m going to have to tell him now. I have told anyone before, except my mom, and even then I wrote it.

                “Didn’t want what to happen?” Andy was speaking softly, as if his voice could hurt me. I silently pleaded him not to make tell him. “Please Marcie. I don’t want you to be scared. You can trust me.”

                Could I really trust him? I knew the answer even as I asked the question. Yes, I could, but trusting him wasn’t the issue. Trusting me was the real problem, and I didn’t trust myself. “It took place a couple of years ago. It’s not important.”

                “It obviously is or you wouldn’t be so scared.”

                My eyes stung as tears started to form and well up in my eyes. “I was kidnapped.” I gulped. “The man took me in the middle of woods and locked me up in a basement.” I closed my eyes trying to calm down and tears rolled down my cheeks. “I thought he was going to kill me.” My voice cracked. I was trying so hard, but my efforts were proving futile because I started crying any way. Andy was shocked, I knew, and he was holding me. He was trying to comfort me as I continued my story. “He didn’t though, but it got to the point where I wanted him to. He was trying to-“I paused and sniffed, “He kept trying to rape me, but he never did, thank God.” I looked at Andy. He looked simply dumbfounded. He stroked my hair and pulled my closer to him. I could hear his heart beat. It was slow and steady. I took a shaky breath trying to control the sobs I knew were coming. “I screamed, I screamed so loud, but no one ever heard me. I had no one. I was alone, and I was going to die.” I lost it. I started sobbing. The memory of it was too much.

                Andy held me and was trying to calm me down. I felt his chest tighten under my head. Was he angry? His heart beat sped up a little as I wrapped my arms around him. I didn’t care that he was trying to force me into being his friend. I needed him right now. He was being my giant teddy bear. “Marcie, how did you get back home?”

                “I don’t know,” I said whimpering, “That was the worst part. I just woke up in the hospital.”

                I looked at him and saw pity in his eyes. How could I tell him this and not my own mother? Something about him calmed me. I think it was his voice and his smell. How did he have this affect on me?  Andy kissed my forehead; his lips were soft on my skin. I let myself get away with that, but I knew I would regret it later. “Don’t be scared anymore, I’ll protect you. No matter what, you understand?” He sounded so serious. What had gotten into him? I nodded slightly and just stayed curled up in his arms leaning against his chest. My eyes closed as Andy hummed a song and rubbed my arm. Why was he being so nice? I didn’t understand.  

                “Andy?”

                “Yeah?”

                “Why are you so nice to me?”

                “I’ve told you before.”

                “You did?” He nodded. “Can you remind me?”

                Andy shook his head chuckling, “You’re so adorable, but if you can’t remember then I’m not telling you.”

                I frowned, “That’s not nice.”

                “You should have remembered.”

                “I don’t have a good memory.”

                “Obviously.” I snorted. “Marcie?”

                “What?” I snapped. He could piss me off really fast, I was actually kind of amazed.

                “Why do you hate me?”

                I drew back and looked at him a bit surprised. “I don’t hate you. I just don’t particularly like you, not do I want to.” There was a little twang in my chest. What in the world was that?

                “Oh.” And with that our conversation ended. I stood up and lead us into the general direction of my grandparent’s home. I hope it wouldn’t take much longer. My legs were sore; I couldn’t carry myself quite right. And home meant food; food and water. Not to mention the comfort of the bed and a nice long shower. I smiled to myself as we walked through the woods. Just as the sun was setting I saw the house. We were back. I couldn’t help but grin and jump in excitement. We were back! I couldn’t wait to eat! Drool threatened to crawl out of my mouth as I imagined the delicious meal that was most likely waiting for us to arrive.

---~<3~---

  Hey, so I've kind of hit a little blockage, so if you guys could send me any ideas that's be fantastic and I'll dedicate the chapter to you. Thanks!