Taking a Trip

Marcie is on the side (:

---~<3~---

I somehow managed to avoid Andy for a week. He did try to talk to me though, a lot actually. It made me feel bad though, avoiding him, because whenever I would walk away from him he looked so hurt. I almost felt bad enough to stop avoiding him, almost. I was avoiding him for a reason. I wasn’t really enjoying it. For some reason whenever I was around him my thoughts got mixed up and I said things I didn’t want so say, but when I was away from him I got this knot in my stomach. I didn’t like the feeling, but I was going to have to deal with it. I didn’t need any friends. I didn’t want any, right?

                When I got home my mom was sitting at the bar reading. She smiled when she saw me, “Hey sweetie. How was school?”

                I shrugged, “Fine I guess.”

                My mom frowned like she could tell something was off, “Well you’re going your grandparents this weekend, so I want you to go pack.”

                “Which ones?” I asked. See I had my cool grandparents, and my annoying ones.

                “My parents. Oh, and are you going to invite Andy? I’m sure they wouldn’t mind the company.”

                “I wasn’t going to invite him.”

                “I’m not really giving you a choice. Invite him.”

                I gave my mom the are-you-crazy look. “I haven’t talked to him and a week. And besides, I thought this was all week end, so he has to spend the night. I don’t think that’s a good idea. And why would he want to go to my grandparent’s house?

                She sighed, “Just ask him, if you think he’s going to say no then don’t worry about it. Call him now so I know you asked.”

                I looked around the room trying to find a way out, “I don’t have my phone.”

                “Marcie!”

                “Fine! Gosh.” I pulled my phone out and called Andy. The phone barely even rung once before he answered his phone. That’s weird.

                “Marcie! Why have you been avoiding me all week? I wanted to talk to you.”

                I sighed, “My mom wanted me to invite you to go to my grandparent’s house with me this weekend.”

                “You mom did? For the whole weekend?”

                “Yeah, but it’s at my grandparent’s.”

                “Oh. Can I talk to your mom for a second?”

                “Why?”

                “Just because.”

                “Okay.” Confused, I handed the phone to my mom.

                “Hey Andy!” My mom said and then paused. “Yes, she is.” Pause.  “Do I need to talk to them?” Pause. “Okay. I’ll see you soon! Bye honey.” My mom hung up and handed me the phone. “He said he’s going. He’ll be here in a few minutes.”

                My eyes widened. Oh crap, I have to clean to my room up now. I have to pack my clothes too. I snatched up my bag and ran upstairs to my room. Why on earth would my mom invite a guy to spend the weekend with me? And to add to that my grandparents only have one extra room with one bed, so either we were sleeping on the same bed or he was sleeping on the floor. I vote for him sleeping on the floor. I packed a couple pairs of jeans and tops. I usually didn’t need to bring a fancy “going out” outfit, but since someone else was going I might need one. I carefully packed my maroon satin dress, black leather combat boots, lace tights, and my bike jacket. It was a shame I couldn’t wear it yet. It fit like a glove when it was zipped up. I packed up all my make-up and hair stuff after I fixed my current one. When I threw in my toiletry bag I saw my studded bike gloves and slipped them on. I missed the feel of its soft leather on my skin. The doorbell rang downstairs and I quickly zipped up my suitcase and ran around my room shoving things in places where they couldn’t be seen.