Chapter 10

Hope you all like it. Thanks for everyone who's reading, voting and commenting. If it wasn't for you I wouldn't have bothered to really write at all. <3

~@~

Chapter 10-

Once Scarlett’s free from her seatbelt I wrap my arms around her and begin to drag her from the sinking car.

The water’s just about to go into the window as I pull Scar from it. I swim as fast as I can to the bank and lay her down. I turn just to see the water being sucked into the open window, the car sinks much faster until it’s no longer in sight.

Thinking quickly I take the chance to save my brother. I swim out to the car and take one last breath before diving down.

~@~

*Palmers P.O.V*

I finish inspecting Zach’s injuries and turn my glare to Elliot. That idiot could have seriously hurt him. He shields back as if I’m physically hurting him. My eyes glance to the clock to find that it’s nearly 7. Time seems to be going extremely slow these days.

“I need to clean the house and if you two are going to stay then I expect you to help me.” I say.

It’s true though. I’m not letting them stay if they’re not going to help clean the place up before Aunty Pat gets home.

They nod and start cleaning different rooms. I smile to myself and go upstairs to my room. It’s hardly even messy but Aunty Pat always claims that it is being the clean freak she is. Sighing I pile my clothes together and throw them into the laundry.

I continue to clean until Coco comes walking into the room and a thought pops in my head. I swear under my breath. Zach pops his head into the room.

“Is there something wrong?” He asks.

I nod my head and drag my fingers through my hair. “I need to go food shopping, we have absolutely nothing.”

He shrugs. “If you write a list I go there now and get everything here in less than an hour.” He says as if it’s nothing.

I write a list of everything we need, being sure to include food for Coco. Once I’m finished I hand it to him with $200. He nods his head once and leaves the room in a rush.

I know what you’re thinking, ‘why trust him with $200.’ Honestly, I don’t know. All I know is that there’s something about him that knows I can. It’s the same voice that’s telling me he’s not going to harm me in any way.

“Where’d Zach go?” Elliot asks as I wonder downstairs.

“Shopping.” Is all I say. Quite honestly I’m still a little mad at me.

I neaten the room until there’s not a thing out of place and sigh, falling back onto the couch. A few minutes later Elliot joins me. We sit there in a silence that hangs above our heads.

“What are we to you?” Elliot suddenly asks and I literally choke on air.

“W-What do you mean?”

“I mean exactly what I said.”

“Well I think of you both as friends.” I say, turning to look him in the eyes.

“Just friends?”

No. “Yes.”

He observes my eyes to see if I’m lying and by mistake I quickly look somewhere else. My eyes go wide as his face curves into a small smirk and he slides closer to me. He continues to get closer until I’m lying on my back and he’s hovering over me.