Chapter 6

Chapter 6-

Scarlett screams and the sound explodes through the car. The car stops and for a moment I think we’re safe.

We begin to sink.

~@~

I follow Elliot blindly through the house and nearly bump into him when he stops suddenly.

“Mum, dad. This is Palmer.” He moves to the side to show me to his mum and dad. “Palmer this is my mum, Kate and my dad, John.

The back of my neck burns slightly as I feel a blush colour my cheeks. His mum coos and comes rushing up to me, pinching my cheeks. Well this is…um how do I say… Interesting?

“Don’t hurt him.” Elliot hisses to his mother who instantly releases me with a quiet ‘sorry’ before rushing off into the kitchen.

Elliot sighs and rubs a hand over his face before taking a seat. I can feel his dad burning a hole in the side of my head. Don’t look him in the eye. I repeat over and over again in my head. I look anywhere I can, the floor, the celling, heck even the fish in the corner.

Accidently I look over to him and catch his eye. His turn to slits as he looks me over. Shaking slightly I take him in as well. He really isn’t much different from Elliot, only older and radiates a sense of power. Again, he catches my eyes with his and we lock into a staring contest.

His eyebrows crease in thought before he looks to my left. His eyes widen to the size of saucers as he realises something. I look towards Elliot to notice him watching us, his mouth open slightly. I raise my eyebrows in question. What is with this family? Silently I take a seat next to Elliot while he and his dad share a pointed look. Luckily his mum choses now to come in and save us all from embarrassment.

Elliot’s dad stands and begins to drag her from the room. When she gives him a questioning look he answers, “I need to tell you something urgent.”

I bite my lip, a habit I do when I’m nervous. I can see Elliot still looking at me from the corner of my eye but I don’t meet his gaze.

“Why are you staring at me?” I ask, not looking his way.

He shakes his head as if he hadn’t noticed he was. He doesn’t look at me again until his parents return with four plates. I’m really hungry. I only just now notice.

“Thank you.” I say politely as his mum places one in front of me.

She smiles at me and takes a seat in front of me while Elliot’s dad takes the one at the head of the table, closest to me and his wife. My legs begin to shake and I force them to stop when Elliot looks at me funny.

“So Palmer, Do you go to school?” His dad says.

I nod my head, a mouth full of food.

He looks at me strangely while I put another fork full of roast in my already full mouth. I’m so hungry.

“What would you like to be when you leave school?” He asks after a mouthful of food.

I put a finger up and swallow my food. “I’m not sure at the minute. Maybe a doctor.” I shrug.

He nods and smiles slightly. That was obviously the right answer for him. Using the pause in the conversation I go to take another fork full when I realise I’ve finished my plate of food. I crease my eyebrows. I don’t remember eating that much in such short amounts of time.

“Excuse me Kate.” I ask, cutting off her conversation with John.

“Yes sweetie?”

“Is there any leftover food?”

She thinks for a moment before shaking her head. “Sorry there is none.”

There’s a pain in my stomach and I clutch at it, desperate to ease the pain.

“Palmer, are you okay?” Elliot asks, his voice echoing around my head but not registering in my mind.

“I need to go home.” I just get out before I’m taking off and out of the house in a flash. I hear their voices behind me but don’t register the words clearly as I stumble home in a blur.

I reach the door and rip it open, the light from inside burning at my eyes but I don’t stop. I’m too hungry. I notice in the back of my mind the footsteps but there’s only one thought on my mind, food.

I tear open the refrigeration and look for something to eat. My vision becomes fuzzy as I reach in towards the meat, everything about it inviting me. At the minute I don’t care that it’s not cooked, I don’t care that it still has blood still dripping from it. I eat it.

Except, when it’s all gone I’m still hungry and reach in for something else. I finish everything in the fridge, even the meat I bought for Coco. It’s only when everything’s gone that I realise what I just did.

“Palmer?” Someone places a hand on my shoulder causing me to jump and spin on them, knocking them to the floor.

I put my hand over my mouth, shocked that I did that. What’s came over me? I’m not normally like this. “I’m so sorry.” I put my hand out between us to help Elliot back up but pull it back when I see the red substance dripping from my fingertips onto the white floor. Urgently I look to Elliot who stares at me completely shocked.

On shaky legs I pull myself up the stairs and into the bathroom right up to the mirror. When I look at it though it’s not me. Well it is me but not me. This other thing looking back at me from the mirror with terrorised eyes is something else. Elliot steps into the mirror behind me but he too holds that look in his eyes, the one that looks like a rabid animal.

“What’s happening to me?” I ask, looking at the blood soaking my chin and face.

“You’re turning into a werewolf.” He says every bit seriously.

I do what anyone would do in my situation, I run.

~@~

WOW! Who could have seen that coming? Obviously everyone. How does everyone like Elliot so far. Come on, be honest... Comment your answers.