Chapter 3

Okay it's finally starting to get interesting now. It's also longer than the last two chapters... :) Happy reading

~@~

Chapter 3-

We follow him out into the car. Henry places us in the back and takes his seat in the front.

Plugging in my seatbelt I wined down the window and wait. We take off down the road, the night wind blowing through my black hair.

~@~

Quietly I make my way upstairs and into my bedroom, the house quiet and the only thing to hear are the soft footsteps by me. It creates an eerie feeling, but with that feeling I know I’m alone.

I reach my bedroom and place Coco onto my neatly made bed. I drop my school bag onto the black carpeted floor and step back into the hallway. Walking down the hallway I reach a closet and pull out some old sheets that don’t get used anymore. They have holes and stains everywhere but Coco wouldn’t mind.

I walk back into my room with sheets and a box big enough to fill Coco. I take a stanley knife from one of my draws and cut a small a way for her to get in and out of the box. I’m nearly done when the knife slips and cuts my leg. I cry out slightly but force myself to stop. The last thing I need is for Aunt Pat to come in and see blood leaking from my leg.

I pull the knife from my leg with a grunt. I place the knife on the ground and instead rip the hole in the box. Once finished that I put the sheets in and place a sleeping Coco on top of the sheets.

I smile down at her and clean up the mess. I walk into my bathroom and remove my pants. There, on my leg, is a cut and as long as my pointer finger and 1cm deep. That’s going to hurt way worse in the morning than it is now. Along with all of the other bruises and cuts the jocks gave me.

After going through every draw in my bathroom I finally find a bandage. Quickly I strip and hop into the warm shower. I wash the cuts and bruises. I get out and dry off before wrapping the white bandage around my leg. As I’m pulling on my tracksuit pants I catch sight of my face and mentally wince. There’s a bright purple and blue bruise on the side of my head and a cut on my forehead.

I turn around and quickly pull a shirt on. I already know my chest would be worse, so why bother looking? After I’m changed I walk into my room and turn off the lights before collapsing onto the bed. Straight away, for the first time in years my eyes closed and I’m pulled into a peacefully sleep.

~@~

I’m awaked by my alarm clock, a rare thing to happen. I always wake up screaming in the middle of the night and give up sleeping. Feeling like I’m winning for once I jump out of bed and get changed into a white button up shirt, black skinny jeans and my black and white converses. I walk as best as I can from the cut and pat Coco’s head softly.

I walk down the stairs and into the kitchen, the smell of bacon and eggs traveling through the house. Aunty Pat turns to me from the stove.

“Where were you last night?” She asks, her voice strained, “I was worried when you didn’t come back.”

Lie, Lie, Lie. My mind tells me. “Sorry, I went out with some friends and lost track of the time.”

She takes one last glance before turning back to the stove. “What about your face then?”

Shit, I forgot about the damage to my face, “Um… I fell?” It turns out more like a question, Stupid thing giving me away.

Aunt Pat turns back to face me, an eye brow raised, ‘as if,’ I can almost hear her say.