Can't Wake Up

Sorry for the long wait! I was trying to prepare myself for the outside world since I just graduated high school. Shoutout to my 3 authors bluecat2001 Autogirls Sparrow_Reaper for helping me with this chapter and for the rest of the book to come!

Enjoy!

Normal POV

"Vitals are low, heart rate is failing! Patient has a crushed sternum and broken ribs along with broken arms and legs! Internal bleeding has occurred due to a rib puncturing a vital organ, blood transfusion needed!" One doctor hollered.

"Patient is a 17 years old Draconian of royal descent! Do we have clearance for surgery?" Another doctor yelled.

"We don't but time is of the essence! She needs immediate attention!" Dr. Conners yelled

"Right Sir!"

Earlier that night

Iron Fist's POV

Fury tracked Aelita's signal to the outskirts of Central Park. We saw scorch marks on trees and frost covering the grass. "What happened here?" White Tiger asked. "Why is there snow in the middle of May?" Nova questioned.

I walked around the edge of the park where there was a steep cliff. The soil of the cliff was disturbed as if someone fell down. Looking at the bottom, I saw a patch of white fabric hanging from a branch.

It was the same fabric from Aelita's costume. Worry and fear filled my heart as I slid down the forest into the thick grove. Running at lightning speed, I reached the the center of the grove where I saw an unusual trail of discolored grass.

I follow the trail to find gruesome sight. A battered, bruised Aelita with deep cuts all over her body. Blood leaked from her wounds painting the grass in an unnatural color. Her limbs were twisted into impossible directions. What was left of her shreaded uniform barely covered her wounded body.

Sicken by the state my friend was left in, I carefully picked her cold body up and my heart dropped when I couldn't hear hers beating.

I let out a cry...

Present

Danny's POV

21:00 pm

Shield was currently living in one of the bases around the city after the destruction of the Helicarrier.
As soon as we enter the base with our injured friend, a school of doctors including Doctor Conners  rushed to us and took her other medical section for an emergency operation.

The rest of the team and I stayed behind anxiously waiting for any news.

23:00pm

2 hours have passed.

There was no word of the progress of the operation. Peter held Ava in comfort. For once, Sam didn't open his mouth to say something ridiculous. Luke stayed in the corner in deep thought.