«chapter thirty-four: rescuing the team»

___________________

___________________

CATGIRL'S POV

  I feel my phone vibrate and look down at it, not surprised by who it is.

______

dick🤨: Hey, where have you been? You aren't answering any of my calls or texts. Your mom said you were just really busy, but is something else going on? Do you want to talk?

______

  I stare at the screen and lean my head up against the wall. I like him, and I can't like him. It's impossible, I just met him. Rogue knows and could hurt him, which means that I need to stop talking to him.

  I don't find it too hard. I haven't talked to him since our mishap. And it's going to stay that way.

  While I do feel a little bad about ghosting him, it's better for him if he doesn't get involved. He has already had a rough life with his parents and I don't want to add him into my mess of a life. He is already barely in it, which means I can stop it before it gets bad.

  I get up from the floor and change into my suit. It's been 10 days since I was stabbed, and I am feeling good. Well, as good as you can feel. I haven't been in the cave since seeing Rogue and I haven't been returning any calls from anyone which means my appearance will likely end with a scolding from a few of my teammates.

  I am just a little paranoid because she can apparently see everything still, so I took a few days to heal without distractions and to try to figure out everything.

  I leave through the door for once and start walking to the old photo booth. While I haven't been under the watchful eye of Nightwing or M'gann since I left, I still didn't feel like it was a good idea to push it right now.

  I slip off my civilian clothes over my suit and step into the booth, typing in the Cave.

'Recognize:Catgirl-B26'

  I open my eyes to find the cave surprisingly empty. All except for Nightwing and Kid Flash. Yay.

  Nightwing was talking to him when they both turned and looked at me.

  "Hey, you're here!" Kid says brightly, speeding up to me and picking me up. In a split second I am right in front of Nightwing, with KF by my side.

  Way to not give me whiplash, I think, giving myself a few moments so my body can adjust.

  "Where have you been?" Nightwing asks, looking straight at me.

  Straight to the point I see.  "Resting." I say vaguely, my eyes flickering down to the ground.

  He was a whole other problem for me to figure out.