«chapter one: a dangerous game»

___________________

_________________

CATGIRL'S POV

-12 years later-
(she is 19, for the ones who hate math)

The loaded guns aim at us from all around as we stand back to back.

"Geez, I left you alone for one second, Kitten. How long has it been since you have been out here again?" Catwoman smirks as she grips her whip.

I roll my eyes, "As if you didn't bring five more to the party."

"So, you started it." She huffs childishly.

A small smirk finds its way on my face after years of it being retired, "Maybe, but I can finish it."

I kick off the closest man to me and land straight in front of another, grabbing his arm before flipping him onto his back and twisting his arm.

"Nice, watch this." She smirks, enjoying the fact that I am enjoying this bonding time.

​ Well... it's not bonding time. And I'm not exactly enjoying it. At least that's what the growing pit in my stomach is telling me as I flip away from a man with a gun. But anything to make her happy.

I quickly grab the man's gun and push it back into his nose, hearing the sickening crack, telling me that he won't be a problem for a while. My foot meets his temple as I spin and look out for the next target.

My eyes widen as I see them all on the ground, Catwoman looking at me with a shocked expression.

"You didn't have to take them all." She says before wiping the expression off her face and adding, "Selfish."

I ignore the comment, changing the subject, "Are we done here? You came for something, right?"

"Geez, why so uptight? We are doing this so you can relax. We won't be done until you relax, and it looks like a long night ahead of us." She mutters something regarding me 'being too young to be this stressed', but I wasn't too focused on her.

"I'm going to go out on patrol," I say, only realizing how much I sounded like Bruce until the words escaped my lips.

She chuckles catching onto it as well, saying, "Ok, Bats. Make sure to brood while you are out there."

"You know it's my specialty." I flip my hair, "Annoying the Batman just comes naturally to us, doesn't it?"

"It's not exactly impossible to do." She gives me a lazy smirk before adding, "Remember to be on your coms at all times. Justice doesn't sleep, so neither do we."

"And justice must be served." I agree, a small smirk fighting its way to my face.

Catwoman's eyes light up as soon as it breaks out, but she doesn't say anything else as she makes her way out of the warehouse.