Sirens | Chapter 21

It's almost midnight and I'm starving. I decide to go and get myself a snack because honestly, I deserve it. I walk out of my bedroom and into the kitchen. To my surprise Lexa is in there, her back is faced away from me so I take the opportunity to scare her.

I wrap my arms around her waist "PUT YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR!" I scream loudly, know Octavia is probably with Raven. I see Lexa freeze because elbowing me in the stomach, hard. I fall back on to the tile floor, started by how hard she did that. She turns around and the looks on her face shows that she didn't even realize it was me. "CLARKE" she screams before running to me. "Are you hurt? Are you ok?" She examine my whole body. "Lexa..I'm fine." I'm confused, but more concerned. Suddenly tears start forming in her eyes. "Lexa..what's wrong" I say touching her cheek. She moves back into a sitting position, leaning up against the refrigerator. I move next to her and wrap my arms around her. I bury my face in her hair and she grabs my waist and swings her leg over mine. "When your ready" I whisper into her hair, know she will talk when she calms down.

After a few minutes of the sobs, tears start to form in my eyes. I can't handle seeing her like this, the strong, brave, and intimidating girl who everyone fears is crying in my arms. I immediately shake the tears away, I have to be strong for her. "My parents were murdered." She says, finally breaking the silence. I move up a bit and she sits up. She puts her head on my shoulder and I put my arm around her. My other hand grabs hers and she starts playing with my fingers.

"Lex-" I begin. "I was there. I saw it all." The tears start falling again. "The gun shots, the sirens, the police, the ambulance, the hospital. I was there. I mean I was there physically but it's all just a blur. I was only 14, I was young but I still knew what was happening. I still loved them with all I had."

LEXA POV:
FLASHBACK

*bang* my head turns in the direction of the sound. *bang* it sounds closer now. "Sweetie get down" my mother tells me. She points to a dumpster about 15 feet away from her. "Mom what is that?" I ask her. "Go" she says. "No mom, I want to know what that was" I demand. At this point she looks at my father who picks me up and brings me to the dumpster. He places me on top of the cardboard that fills it. "Now stay here, and no matter what you do. Don't. Move" my father says in a deep, formal voice.

My father runs back over to my mother. A black car drives out and a familiar face pops out. Uncle Titas. "Well if it isn't my younger brother. Gus how you doing" he says. His voice sounds cold, nothing I've ever heard before. "What do you wants Titas" my fathers voice chimes in. "I want my goddamn money you promised" he says as he takes a step closer to my dad. "Gus what is he talking about" I hear my mother say. "Indra..shh" my father warns.

Before I know it there is a gun in my Uncles hand and it is pointed at my father. "Now look little brother. We can either do this is easy way. Or my way" Uncle Titas says poking my father in the stomach with the gun. "Fuck yo-" *BANG* the noise again. My father on the ground with blood coming out of his stomach. "GUS" my mother screams. "WHAT DID YOU DO?!" My mother screams at Uncle Titas. *BANG* now my mother lay on the ground. My uncle gets back in his car and drives off.

"MOM, DAD" I scream running to them. I pull out my phone and dial 911. After telling the operator what the situation is I hear sirens coming closer. Then I black out. Next thing I know I'm in the hospital waiting room with my best friend Anya. Anya was 18 at the time. "Augustus and Indra Woods" the doctor announces. Anya and I both stand and walk to him. "I'm sorry we did all we could. But they just lost too much blood" the doctor says and turns to leave. I completely break down into Anya's arms. She just holds me and takes care of me.

END OF FLASHBACK
CLARKES POV

"Lexa...I'm so so sorry" I say to her. Tears are streaming down my face. "That's why I freaked out when you scared me. I thought of the police" she says looking me dead in the eye and wiping my tears away. "I'm sorry you had to deal with that. I'm sorry that you had such a hard life. You don't deserve that. You are so kind hearted and loving." I tell her truthfully. "Thank you Clarke" she says laying back down onto me.

A half hour later Lexa fell asleep because she was so exhausted from crying. I carry her to her room and lay her down in her bed. I lay next to her and place my head on her chest. I breath in her scent, and hope to always be able to smell that. "I think I'm falling in love with you, and I'm terrified" I tell her sleeping body. Little did I know that Lexa wasn't actually sleeping, but listening to me.

AND ANOTHER ONE, another one, AnOtHeR oNe. HEY GUYS ITS GENNA. HOPE YOU ENJOYED LEXAS LITTLE BREAKDOWN AND BACKSTORY. Remember to vote, comment and follow me! LOVE YOU ALL! GOOOOOODDDDD DAMMMNNNN BYEEEE