Chapter 18

I've been pretty busy lately, with midterms and all, but I’m finally a bit free for a little while and decided to write this chappy, as well as place bits and pieces for the next chapters of my other stories. So enjoy and i know it's short, but i seriously didn't want to go through with what's going to happen in the next update and decided to do that with the next chapter instead.

©All Rights Reserved

Chapter 18

(Sky/Alan's POV)

It's been a few days since my meltdown and I've been on edge ever since. Jack's words penetrated the barrier of my comfort zone and I couldn't help but be skittish over every little thing around me, whether it was a car honking in the street, the drop of a pen on the floor or the soft click of a door closing. Shadow and Mochi knew I was distressed because they were more alert than before, my furry bodyguards that I adore so much.

When I woke up from the nap after my meltdown, I finally told them what happened. I told them about Jack, what he said and about him unsettling me with his warning before he disappeared. I didn't want to tell them about the bruise around my wrist where Jack gripped me hard. It was throbbing like heck the first day, but I knew there was nothing wrong with it. Now it's just a ring of darkened flesh that only hurts when I bump it against something or use it too much. I tried to keep off using it too much, but still be discreet about it.

Lydia and Rydia didn't take my news all that well. Lydia had to console Rydia to not take any course of action, since Rydia was thinking of neutering Jack with a rusty spoon and shoving his prick up his ass. From the way she said it and the tone in her voice, she wasn't kidding about doing the grueling task, which Lydia knew.

Ian bit his lip and asked me if we should call the police, but I refused. It was a warning, but you can't arrest someone over a few words that could be interpreted in different ways. Ian slumped a little in defeat, but I thanked him for the suggestion.

Chase on the other hand immediately slipped his phone to his ear and began ordering Brandon and Ric instructions on keeping me safe, which I frowned in disdain when I told him I didn't need bodyguards. He ignored me and briefed the two on the situation. I pouted a bit. I'm not that helpless. I can defend myself and Jack only took me by surprise. The reason why I didn't take any course of action was because I didn't want to blow up a small little argument into a huge, overblown scene.

When Chase finished his little chat with Ric and Brandon, he surprised me by lifting me off the couch, my body still cocooned by the blanket and brought me back to my apartment, with me telling him that I could bring myself to my room. It IS next door after all.

Chase, being the stubborn guy he is, refused to put me down and held me tighter to his chest. I have to admit, his chest felt really nice and warm, but I didn't want to tell him that. No need to embarrass myself more than I already am. Besides, we're friends and I’m not going to cross that line. That didn't mean I couldn't secretly enjoy the shifting of muscles holding me firmly to a toned out body, and discreetly sniffing the heady scent of his aftershave and the natural spicy scent that is him.

Chase pushed opened the door to my apartment and headed inside with confident strides. I can hear the others following from behind, the soft clicks of Lydia's low heeled straps sandals, Rydia's loud four inch stilettos, and the muffled slaps of Ian's worn converses. Why would I know what shoes they are currently wearing? I have no idea, i just knew is all. Don't judge me.

Chase lowered me on my love seat and propped my head with one of the throw pillows already on the love seat. He tucked the blanket more, cocooning my body so tightly, there were no holes for the chill of the day to seep in. But i do think he's overdoing things. I'm emotionally distressed, not sick, but i won't complain. I kind of like being pampered, shows how much a person cares when they would take their own time and energy to take care of me.

Shadow and Mochi scurried over to my curled up form and snuggled up against me. Shadow, being the huge hybrid that he is, practically smothered me in his weight as he laid one third of his body on top of mine. Mochi laid in between Shadow and I, curling his body into a ball, with his tail touching the tip of his nose.

Ian, Lydia and Rydia brought the things i left behind and placed them on an empty chair before spreading out to do whatever they planned to do. I don't mind since I’m now used to those three going through my house as if it were their own.

After that, we all just chilled at my place, watched a few movies. I made dinner, much to everyone's protest, but i needed to do something, feel useful. I can't just break down all the time and wait for someone to piece me back together. I'm twenty four, i have to get back on my feet and act like an adult.

That didn't mean i was so into cooking, that i accidentally cooked up a feast fit for a king. Although everyone enjoyed the food, i knew i had to go on another grocery shopping trip; i used all of what was left in my fridge for dinner. Leftovers was a given, but that won't last for long and i like cooking, as everyone obviously knows.

Of course, i gave each person a container of leftovers before they left, knowing that if i left all that food for myself, it'll rot before i could finish it. Everyone hugged and said goodbye before they disappeared, Chase being the last one to leave. I practically had to shove him out of my apartment with a tupperware filled with leftovers and instructions on how long to heat it before i slammed the door shut.

There were no dishes to be cleaned since Rydia and Lydia practically shoved me away from the kitchen. So i took a much needed shower to wash off the day's grime away with a nice lemon scented bar of anti-bacterial soap and head over to my bedroom. I popped my pills into my mouth and washed it down with some water before i crawled into bed and slept the day away.

The rest of the days were uneventful, other than ignoring Jack's texts and calls, but i knew sooner or later, I’ll have to confront him and talk to him about the entire situation. It's not fair to condemn him completely when i haven't heard both sides of the story, although seeing him made me feel uneasy. It was the same feeling that i usually get when something bad's about to happen, but i have to be an adult about this and suck it up. As a precaution, i will tell someone before i meet with him.

Which is why I’m currently in my little office at the animal hospital, twirling my phone on my desk, pondering on whether i should call Jack and hear both sides of the story, or be a coward and continue to delay what is already a difficult situation. Of course, this doesn't mean i want to get back with him. Seeing him having sex with another guy on his desk doesn't help his situation the slightest, but i have to be a grown up and stop acting like some whiny kid, jumping straight to conclusions.

Taking a deep calming breath, I scrolled down my contacts list and pressed send, placing the phone to my ear. My heart pounded in my chest, a rhythmic beat that roared in my ears as the first ring resonated in my ear, then the next. My palms grew damp with sweat, my body full of tension as i continued to hear the phone ring. Will he answer the phone? But what if he doesn't? Will i have the nerve to call him again? The third ring rang and i was starting to wonder if he will pick up the phone. Maybe he's busy...

My heart literally leaped out of my throat when the fourth ring was cut off halfway. "Hello? Jack's voice said.

"Jack?" I asked softly, my hands trembling a bit. I took in another much needed deep breath to calm my rattled nerves.

There was a few seconds of silence before he replied back. "Sky? Is that you?"

I nod, but realized he couldn't see me. "Yes."

"What do you want?" His asked, his voice going from mild shock to wary.

You can do this Alan. Just spit it out. "I-I was wondering if we can meet somewhere to talk. I know i overreacted a bit from our last meeting and acted childish, so i thought we could meet somewhere private and you can tell me your side of the story." My voice was a bit shaky, but i was able to say what i wanted to say to him. That's all that counts.

Another moment of silence passed and i grew more and more impatient with his answer, wanting to know the verdict already instead of slowly morphing myself into a nervous wreck. What felt like hours, which were really seconds, have passed before he finally answered. "Sure. How's about tomorrow around one o'clock during your lunch break?"

"S-sure. Where do you want to meet?" I asked, fiddling with a pencil that was conveniently lying on my desk.

"I'll pick you up from the hospital and bring you there. How does that sound?"

I had mix feeling about it, but i didn't have any good ideas at the moment, so i i nod. "Okay. Sounds good."

"Good. I'll see you tomorrow." Jack said, a bit of excitement in his voice, before he hung up.

I pulled my phone from my ear and stared at my phone for a few seconds, before i dropped it on my desk and slumped in my chair, exhausted. The photo of Jack i still have on my desk stared at me and i reached out to put the frame down, but stopped halfway. If i can't stand his picture, an inanimate object that can not harm me at all, then i definitely won't be able to stand being within feet of him face to face.

Sighing wearily, i slumped further into my chair and closed my eyes. Well now that that's been taken care of, all i have to do is get ready for tomorrow. Yes, I’m already having second thoughts, but i will go through with the meeting tomorrow. I want this entire situation behind me, to move on with my life.

After a few hours of work, which my boss worked me to the bone, i packed up my things and headed to my car. Shadow and Mochi followed right behind me, Mochi chattering at Shadow, who would respond with a few huffs. They are such good friends and I’m so happy that the two instantly became friends. I wouldn't know what to do if they hated each other.

I made a quick stop at the supermarket and bought a few groceries and other necessities that i was getting low on, like toilet paper, tooth paste, anti-bacterial soap, and other things. Shadow and Mochi stayed in the car, Shadow curled up on the back seat with Mochi next to him. I placed my purchases in the trunk of my car and drove us all home.

Right when i passed the threshold of my apartment, i headed straight to the kitchen and put away the groceries before putting the rest of my purchases away. With that out of the way, i cooked up some dinner, fed Shadow and Mochi. After dinner, i washed up the dishes, placed the leftovers into the fridge and took a shower, washing the animal fur, blood, and other bacteria and harmful things off my body, dumping my clothes into the laundry basket.

Stepping out of the bathroom, a huge blast of steam escaped once when i opened the door. The cool air on my heated flesh felt amazing. My bare feet padded quietly to the kitchen as i went to guzzle down a full glass of water. Suddenly my phone began to ring, startling me from the once silent apartment. Who's calling me?

I headed over to my cell phone, which i left on the coffee table in the living room and was even more surprised to see who is flashing on my caller ID. I pressed the send button and placed the phone on my ear. "Chase?"

"Hey Alan. I was calling to see how you are doing." He greeted, the constant, low sound of clicking background noise on his side.

I blinked. "I'm fine."

"Good. I was worried about you since the last time i saw you, but now that i know you are okay, i can rest a bit easier." He chuckled.

Did he really call me to check and see how i was doing? When we were together in high school, when he wasn't using my feelings as a bet for some sick entertainment, he was really sweet and caring. i don't know how much his actions were a lie or true, but if he's calling me at eleven at night to check on my well being, as well as stayed with my disheveled self during my low times, then i have to say that him caring about me wasn't a lie.

"Is that the only reason why you called?" I asked, having a feeling that there's more to this call.

"Yes. I was wondering if you would like to have lunch with me during your lunch break tomorrow?"

I blinked, my mind going blank for a second there. "What about your work? i know you are in the middle of settling a business arrangement with some top notch company."

"The guy I'm meeting won't be available until the day after tomorrow so i have some free time and the first thing that popped into my head was you." Chase explained.

I blushed a little from his words. "Sorry, but i have to refuse. I already made plans with someone."

"Who?" I don't know if i was hallucinating or anything, but i think i heard a bit of jealousy in his voice, no matter how casual he asked that one worded question.

I bit my lip and thought about whether i should tell him I’m meeting Jack. But he does have the right to know, since i rejected eating lunch with him. "I-I'm meeting Jack?" I said softly at the end, and braced myself.

"JACK?! You are meeting JACK? The one who you found fucking around behind your back, that Jack?" He shouted into the phone. Wow, saw that explosion coming a mile away.

I frowned and sighed. I don't like being yelled at, but it was a given. "Yes, that Jack." I said meekly.

"Why are you meeting that guy? He literally cheated with you behind your back." Chase growled onto the phone. I heard a muffled crunch and knew he crushed something.

"Didn't you do the same thing as well?" I whispered.

I can hear him trying to form a sentence, but I heard were weird sounds. He was speechless, and didn't have a comeback to retort back.

I sat down on my couch and crossed my legs. "I gave you a chance, let you explain yourself, although it took almost a decade for me to give you that chance, but I did. There are always two sides of the story, and I want to hear his excuse. That doesn't mean I'm giving him a second chance or anything, but I will let him speak before I deliver the final verdict on our relationship, on whether I can forgive him or not." I explained. "I'm a grown man, not some kid anymore. I have to act my age and be mature about this. Crying like a baby and running to you guys for comfort made me realize how much I haven't changed. I have to do this."

Chase stayed silent the entire time, so silent I thought he hung up on me. I was about to say something when he scared me by finally saying something. "Alright. I understand. I don't like this one bit, you meeting with him alone, but I can't stop you. And I'm glad you told me. Just promise me that you'll call me after the meeting so I know you're alright."

I smiled. "I promise and I'm happy I gave you a second chance. I missed this side of you, the caring side that always made me feel safe." Realizing what I just said, my face turned crimson.

"Oh? Well it's a given since you can be such a klutz." He teased.

I pouted. "Hey!"

Chase laughed. "Good night Alan. Stay safe you hear me and if he does anything funny to you, you call me or alert Ric and Brandon."

"Still can't believe you hired bodyguards to watch over me." I grumbled, swiping a drop of water that ran down my cheek.

"I care about your safety. I don't want what happened with James and Lucas happen again."

James and Lucas... I shuddered as memories from that horrific time began to surface. I shook my head violently to stop my mind from digging deeper into that subject. "Thanks. Good night Chase."

"G'night." He replied back before he cut off the call, the dial tone buzzing in my ear.

I wearily got up and headed straight for bed, answering the siren's call of my bed and flopped gracelessly onto the soft surface, pulling me down in its comforting embrace. I reached into my nightstand for the pills I prepared earlier today, guessing I would be exhausted when the day ends, and popped them down, washing them down with a bottle of water before I tucked myself in. Shadow and Mochi came in a few seconds later and made themselves comfortable before we all fell asleep with my mind reeling over the possible outcomes of tomorrow's meeting with Jack.

I hope things will turn out fine. I really hope so.

Eni swipes off the blood that splattered onto her face and continued to stuff popcorn into her mouth: Damn, these bitches know how to throw a battle royale.

Eni sips on her jumbo sized cup the size of a soup pot and guzzled down some Coca Cola slurpees, giving herself a brain freeze: Augh! The AGOOOONY!!

Another girl gets whacked in the head with a modified wooden bat with nails jutting out of the tip. Brain matter flew and Eni used her riot shield the shape of Pikachu to cover herself.

Finally, only a few people were left, all were teenage girls with ripped up clothes, gash wounds and tons of blood and bodily bits on their body. One held a machete, the other a makeshift spear made from a metal pike, another with two meat cleavers, one in each hand, and the last had a banana.

Wait.... a banana?

Those four stared each other down, sizing each other up before they all leaped at each other and i watched the gore fly all around. Shrieks and other inhuman sounds echoed in the bloody plaza as many of the previous contestants were strewn all over the place: My goolash, how are people going to clean this up? I know i ain't, hands down.

In the end, the banana girl won, somehow. She screamed into the air and thumped her chest, doing some donky kong shit before she went over to where i was on top of the building: I'm the last one.

I brushed my nonexistent hair back: Yes you are crazy banana girl. Here is your prize. Hope you are happy.

Eni placed the rewards onto a little elevator thing and let it slowly descend down to the girl, who grabbed everything with her bloody hands and hugged them to her chest: It's mine. All MINE!! My precious. MY PRESCIOUS!!! NYA HA HA HA HA!!!

The chick does a weird dance where she kicks her legs out and jumps in a circle. Her eyes were crazy as she licked the blood dripping from her face.

Eni backs away from the chick: Okay.... I’m so seeing Lord of the Rings here.....

Sirens are heard in the distance and i can see police cars coming to the massacre scene. Eni jumps and throws a smoke bomb before running away from the scene, screaming: COPPERS AINT GONNA CATCH THIS BIATCH!!

Vote, Comment, and Read. Only if you want to that is.