Chapter 11

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaack :D

Dedicating this chapter to DarkPsychobunny for dedicating one of her chapters to me. She's a great person and one i can talk random things with without giving her cause to call the loony bin on meh :D

© All Rights Reserved

Chapter 11

(Sky/Alan's POV)

“Chase? What are you doing here?” This can't be happening. Why is he here of all places? I thought I won't be seeing him again after that little stint we had at the hotel.

Chase gave me a smile, one that looked friendly and polite on the outside, but he can't hide how smug he's feeling at the moment. Even with his relaxed stance, I can see the tension radiating out him. And the fact that he's eying both Jack and I, especially the place where Jack's hands are, which is on my waist. “I have business here. What are you doing here?”

“I have business here too.” I answered, giving him a hard look.

First finding out about him hiring someone to follow me, then the abduction followed by waking up in his hotel room, and now finding him here of all places. Is he stalking me or something? But I can see why it took so long for him to find me. Sarah has some friends in high places, who can erase any trails that lead anyone who's looking for me to come to a dead end. So how is it that he found me? Sarah has people from the military who worked on 'Alan's' disappearance, and they are really good at their job. In fact, they have their own security firm who's clientele are the rich and powerful.

Now here I am, in my current lover's workplace with my ex who I haven't seen in almost a decade. Talk about horrible time and place.

Jack, who was silent this entire time, watching the two of us converse, pulled me closer to him, our bodies pressed against each other. He nuzzled my hair with his nose. “You know him Sky?"

Chase opened his mouth, but I beat him. “We used to go to the same high school together.” I quickly answered, sending a glare at Chase when Jack wasn't looking, a warning to not say anything more than necessary.

Chase didn't react much, but I can tell he's amused by my actions. “Sky here” he emphasized my name quite obviously, “was quite the academic achiever. He was the top student with a four point five GPA.”

“Four point five? That's amazing. I only kept a three point five GPA until graduation.” Jack brushed his lips against my temple. “I have an amazing lover.”

I blushed, poking his rib. “Says the guy in charge of an entire floor for an advertising company.” I mumbled, embarrassed.

My phone suddenly vibrated, making me jump from the sudden buzz in my jeans pocket. I slipped it out and stared at the screen. Another text from the boss. I winced from the text.

Jack glanced at my screen. “Work?”

I nod. “Yeah. I really have to go.” I gave him a firm peck on the lips. “See you later.” I glanced at Chase and gave him a small nod. “Nice seeing you again.”

Chase gave me a friendly wave. “Oh, we'll be seeing each other again.”

Jack gave me this confused expression, which made me glare daggers at grinning butt face. With one last kiss from Jack, I sped towards the door to my car, seeing Brandon and Ric climbing in their car, watching me slide inside safely. I shoved the key into the ignition and swerved towards the hospital, earning a few honks and swear words from the other drivers I cut as I smoothly passed car after car, arriving at the hospital in record time. As I parked into one of the employee parking spaces, I checked the rear view mirror to see Brandon and Ric's car pass by.