Waning Moon-Chapter 6

A/N: A lot goes on in this chapter so sorry if it sounds rushed. I really wanted to write this and didn't have time for a better build up. But I hope you like it anyway. 

Please comment/vote/become a fan....

After a few more days I felt completely comfortable in the compound, or community as the wolves called it. But it also meant Will finally had to go on a mission he had been pushing back so that he could be with me while I adapted to life with the wolves. But the council had seen how quickly i had become comfortable among the wolves and the friends I made and were ordering Will to leave with his team by the end of the day.

That was how I ended up saying goodbye to him by the edge of the woods.

"When will you be back?" I whimpered, trying to keep the tears from falling. He had already explained that this was a vampire hunting trip, and it scared the hell out of me. I had seen how strong and ruthless they were, and I didn't want Will within a hundred miles of them. But of course, I didn't want to let him know that. I wanted to be strong for him, and be less of a hassle. I wanted to fit easily into's Will's life without him having got chance everything about it. If that meant holding my tongue when he did his duty to his pack, so be it.

"I should be back by tomorrow morning. The vampire's are close, hence the reason we're even risking it in the first place. They may be hunting for you, and we want to take them out before they get to close to the community,"

I flinched at his words. He would be putting his life in danger because of me, again. The tears I had been fighting finally spilled over, almost freezing on my cheeks in the sub-zero temperature.

Will's eyes widened as the tears flowed freely down my face. I don't think he expected his words to hurt me, but they had.

"Mace, I'm sorry. Please don't cry," he pleaded as he wiped the tears away hastily. He cupped my face in his large ands and tilted my face up to his so he could properly read my expression.

"Promise me you'll come back," I sobbed trying to control my emotions. 

Something flashed in Will's eyes then, that same expression he had shown after I had sung to the children. It was pure and sweet and shone from his eyes so warmly it almost brought a smile to my lips. I had never seen anyone show that expression to me, but I wanted to see it again.

"Will, promise me," I repeated, letting my voice drop to a whisper. For some reason this felt intimate and secretive, and I didn't want anyone else hearing. Hard to do when almost everyone had supernatural hearing.

"I can do better than that," he whispered back. I was about to ask what he meant by that when he leaned down and tenderly placed his lips against mine. At first I was shocked, but as I felt his arms wrap around my waist and pull me closer i leaned into the kiss with almost feverish passion. It didn't matter to me that he was my best friend-it made it better. I didn't care that he was about to leave for a dangerous mission-it made me kiss him harder. I didn't care that this was my first kiss-it just made me happier that I got to share it with Will.

His lips moved against mine in perfect synchronization, like they were meant for mine. Our breath mingled, making me feel arm despite the freezing temperatures. I was completely oblivious to the world around us. All I cared about was Will. My Will. My best friend who I loved-no- who I was in love with. I don't know how I didn't realize it sooner. But with his arms wrapped around me and his lips on mine, it made perfect sense. Will was more than my best friend. He didn't hold a special place in my heart-he held my entire heart in the palm of his hand since we were kids.

All too soon he pulled away, although still keeping his face close to him. We were both breathing heavily, and I was sure I was smiling like a maniac. Will was looking at me in awe with a small smile on his lips that said more than if he had been beaming.