Chapter 15: Old Friends, New Job(:

Chapter 15: Old friends, new job(:

"What am I suppose to wear?" Harper asked me as we were currently getting dressed for some job searches. I simply shrugged.

"I don't know. It really just depends on what type of job you want. Like I'm going to work for the surf shop, I'll wear some shorts, a shirr and my hair in a pony tail, Amilia said she wanted to work at those shirt selling stores. If you want something on the board walk or beach just wear something causal." I explained, slipping my feet into some flip flops.

You see its been a couple weeks and the money we came with is slowly decreasing. We were suppose to be going out for jobs a lot earlier in the trip but got lazy; really just wanted to mess around. Though the boys besides Carson had already gotten their jobs, Matt works at a food place on the boardwalk, Keith works a the same store Amilia does. Which leaves Harper, Carson and I to go find a job.

I knew it would be easy for me, I work at the same surf shop and clothes selling store almost every summer. The guy that owns it is a family friend and wouldn't mind having another helping hand around. Though I did need to leave earlier than Harper and Carson, 'Catch a Wave' (the surf/clothing shop) gets really crowded sometimes and if I want to start working today then I'll need to leave early.

I grab my cell phone and small bag, sling it over my shoulder and walk out of the room and down the stairs. Carson is sitting at the table in some brown pants and a black shirt, he's looking down at his phone as a plate of cut up watermelon's are placed on the table. I walk by and grab one and begin chewing the sweet and juicy fruit.

He looks up at me and smiles before looking back down at his phone. His hair looks different today, not the usual flip, so I run my hand through it and he looks at me weird. Ew. Its all jelly.

"What'd you do to your hair?" I ask running my hand through his hair again.

"I wanted to try something new but it didn't work." He spoke looking at me with a raised eyebrow.

"What?" I question.

"You just cant go running your hands in people's hair. They'll think you're a freak." Carson spoke with a laugh and got up. I simply shrugged. This wasn't the first time and it wouldn't be the last either. I walked towards the door and opened it.

"Where are you going?" He ask

"To my interview. I need to get their earlier. I'm walking so if you want or need to use the car then go ahead and take it but run it by Keith, Matt and Amilia first just in case." I say with nod.

"Gotcha." He closes the fridge and looks at me.

X-X-

Its pretty hot right about now, I'm glad I brought a couple water bottles with me, running my hand through my hair I sigh and take a big sip of my water. Usually it's not this hot early in the morning for the beach, its nine something, I then mentally slap myself in the face for forgetting to put on sun screen. I don't need a darker tan then I already have and I defiantly don't sun burn.

I dig through my bag and pull out some sun screen as I spray it all over me, making sure to close my eyes and press my lips together as I spray it on my face. I'm walking and doing this at the same time so when I open my eyes I see 'Catch A Wave'. There are maybe two or three people already inside. I run a hand through my hair and put on a smile as I approach it.

"We're not open until another thirty minutes." A girl says. She's short and she had long-dyed red hair with brown eyes.

"I know. Is Gary here today?"

"Yeah he's out back." She says in a bored tone as she puts more clothes on the rack.

"Can I go speak to him?" I ask. She ignored me and leaves to another part of the room and starts putting up hats. I frown ready to hop the little stand that's in the front but down when a boy around my age walks up to me.

"Watcha need? The store doesn't open until another twenty-seven minutes." He says.

He's kind of cute, he wearing glasses that are slightly to pick for his face and his hair is cut short, not the flippy kind nor the buzz cut. His eyes are a pretty shade of blue and he's wearing a somewhat baggy 'Catch A Wave' blue shirt with white shorts.

"Uhm yeah I was...Oliver?" I ask my eyes widening and smile comes across my face.

"Yeah. How'd you know? I'm not wearing my name tag yet." He laughs nervously and takes an awkward step back.

"No its Raine!" I say excitedly, still smiling.

"I'm sorry it doesn't ring a bell..." He frowns slightly.

"We were on the soccer team together for rec," I say but he doesn't say anything, "We went to highschool together, you were new and nobody really wanted to sit with you but me and Ashley came to the rescue. " I laughed.

"Oh... Raine! We did that play together!" Oliver smiled brightly and reached over for a hug.

It wasn't a surprise he didn't notice me, we'd only known each other for a year and then I left for maybe three so he'd forget about me and I was okay with it. Oliver was a good guy. He was like my brother like my other guy friends at school.

"How are you? I heard you moved and then I was left alone at the lunch table." He laughed a little and leaned against the stand.

"I'm great. I moved to Georgia after my grandmothers death with my dads family friends so right now their my legal guardians." I nodded with a smile, he seemed to get the hint but he was good at not bringing stuff up.

"Ah, you left to the state of peaches. So why are you back to the amazing state of California?" He asked me.

"A couple friends of mine are staying at the beach how for our graduation present." I answered.

"What are you doing here? Should you be sleeping in?" Oliver laughed.

"Well actually I needed a job and I use to work here all the time. Is Gary out back?" I asked scratching my arm.

"I don't know. He might have left a while earlier, he's wife is due anytime around now." Oliver spoke with a shrug. I smiled with joy. Gary was always into kids, he'd always wanted one but was never able to because he wasn't married at the time and was going through a lot of stuff with his little brother who has cancer and all.

"Oh...well is there anyway you could tell me if somebody would will come and do an interview? I was suppose to be here right about now for an interview. But if their not here then could you just give them this?" I asked reaching into my bag and pulling out my small resume.

"Oh so you're the Raine, Gary was talking about to hire anyway. Well...it says here that you'll be the cashier and working in the back with the stock. Oh and I'm suppose to say, 'Congratulations on your job Raine! Would you like to begin today?'"

"Yeah." I laughed.

"Well welcome to Catch a Wave. That's Honey, she works here to, but only for a couple hours not as long as you will."

I nodded as I grabbed a random purple shirt from the back, put five dollars in the cash register and slipped it on over my tank top.