Chapter 13: Bruised and Scarred

A/N PLEASE vote for Garrison boys and Just The Way You Are for the watty awards if you love this story! Oh and also vote and comment this too:D A new story should be up soon if i get a cover soon so yeah! Thanks so muchh! Enjjooyy

Chapter 13: Bruised and Scarred

I threw the Frisbee at Matt as he quickly caught it and threw it back. We were all doing our own thing, Matt and I were playing Frisbee, Keith and Harper were sitting down laughing and joking, Carson and Amilia were just now walking back with water and snacks.

"I want to say thank you. For you know letting us come here and have a little small vacation and everything." Matt smiled and tossed the object at me. I caught it and smiled.

"No biggy. You guys deserve it and we earned it too. High school is know joke, I'm glad we got away from it."

"Yep. We should go get in the water or something." Matt suggested with a slight shrug, tossing the toy to wear Harper and Keith were sitting.

"I don't feel like getting wet." I said, putting my lips in a thin line.

"Nah its fine. I'll see ya then!" Matt waved goodbye and began to jog down to the ocean, when the water reached his mid stomach and dived in and began to swim. I dropped to the sand and pulled my knees up to my chest and obsereved. It wasn't as crowded as I thought it'd be and I did see a couple people I remember. Stella (the nerd) was now really pretty, she no longer had her glasse and her hair wasn't a boring brown it was a bouncy red. Jake had gained a little weight but his baby face went with it anyway. Vickie was running with her dog, in a work out set her hair under a hat.

"Raine?" Someone asked, I turned my head and saw him. I was taken away a little. He hadn't changed at all, his hair was maybe a little longer and he was a lot taller but that was all. His black hair now reached his shoulders and was more flip-able then before. I put my lips in a thin line and nodded. Not really knowing what to say.

"Hi."

"Where have you been?" Laken asked flopping down on the ground, pulling his knees up too.

"Around." I shrugged simply scratching the back of my neck that was beginning to burn from the heat.

"I've missed you." He nudged me with his elbow. I nodded not really wanting to respond. You see Laken was my ex-boyfriend for three years. I'd broke up with him because he was always a know it all, he was demanding and quite annoying and I don't realize why I stuck around with him for so long. "I know you've missed me too." He smirked.

"Yeah sure. Anyway, I gotta go." I stood and began to leave when he grabbed my wrist.

"No, stay, I wanna catch up." He smiled. I shook my head.

"Maybe later."

I walked away and quickly ran into Keith as he grabbed me by the waist and kissed me soft and quick.

"Who was that?" He asked pushing a strand of hair out of my face that was missing from my bun.

"My ex." I shrugged, know use in lying to him. His gaze turned from me to Laken who was still sitting there in the sand. He continued to stare for a while, his expression not changing, a fake smile still plastered on his face. "Keeiithh?"

"That's cute." He laughed I shook my head and hit him in the chest but he only grabbed me by the waist and spun me around as I laughed and giggled.

"Keith I'm gonna throw up!" I yelled.

"If you throw up on me then I'm really gonna like drop you and leave." Keith laughed.

"Thanks." Sarcasm pouring out my mouth. Keith laughed.