Chapter 9

Chapter 9.

I walk into class to see the teacher glance at me. I gulped and got ready to come up with an exclusive excuse for the first one that probably won't work.

"mrs. Nomalee, why are you late for class?"

The teacher taps her fingers on the solid desk and the whole class scans me up and down (especially Gracie).

I gulp and I could tell from the kids giggling at me that my face was as bright as a tomato.

"I umm.... I.. Was in the bathroom. I am sorry that I was late. I promise that I won't be the next time."

"There won't be a next time, rose. Next time it's a detention. I have already counted up all your tardy slips and I think that you have 13 with an addition of this one though it makes 14."

I wipe the sweat off of my face and sit down at a desk next to a Mattie's boyfriend, Bryan.

He laughs at me quietly and I whisper to him to shut up. I straighten my back so that I didn't look like the hunch back of Norte dame and calm myself by counting sheep. (Just kidding)

The bell rings about one hour later and I get up to go to lunch. I yawn quietly. A random thought comes to mind and I ask myself 'why was Ty really I the nurses office?' I promise myself that the very next time I see him, I will.

I come to a stop by the door and see the basketball sign up list. I scan it up and down and at the very bottom, I see my name, rose grace Nomalee. I smiled to myself and then walked out the door.

My locker was number 214, so I had a while to go until I reached it. I turned the corner and saw Payton and Mattie flirting at Bryan. It was mostly Mattie, but Payton would say things here and there. Bryan gives Mattie a soft hug and then goes off to his group of guys.

"Are you love sick?" I ask Mattie with gloomy eyes.

"No and shut it up porcupine, at least that's what the nurse says."

I grin at the comment and then turn to Payton to see her fiddling with her sleeve.

"So, are you really a vampire or did I just dream it all." I finally have the guts to ask it.

"I already filled Mattie in on everything, but I guess I am going to have to explain to you. Yes, I am a vampire, not a full vampire though. I have fangs, but the vampire in me won't control all of my thoughts until I'm 18. I have a little while to go as you know, I am only 13 just like you. Ty is different though, like you. You two both have special blood, but Ty is a half-vampire, half-special blood. That's what he is called, but you are just called special blooded."

I gasp in shock and know why Ty's eyes were red. I run as fast as I can towards the lunch room and take a seat next to Mattie.

"What? Did you not take it as well as me?" Mattie sighs and takes a bite out of her nutella sandwich.

"No! I just, need some time for the facts to go straight forward. My brain is shrinking!" I make a joke out of it and then open my lunch box. I had gotten grapes, a turkey wrap, and some welches gummies. I take out my turkey wrap and take a bite and relax a little bit because I was getting some energy now that I was eating.

Payton sits down next to me and I feel like a complete dork because I ran off like that.

She grins at me and then take a sip of her tomato soup.

Before I could turn around someone's lunch box slams on the table right across from me.