Chapter 17: Secrets Untold

Naeun's P.O.V

After having English sessions with Seho oppa, we left EXO's room, and headed towards ours.

"I like our room, it's so comfy.", I commented.

"Yeah, but in the end, seriously, we have to thank SHINee sunbaenims for this, they made all this for us, but I still feel burdened.", Chorong unnie said.

"Why?", we asked her.

"Girls, don't you get it? Because of us, its all because of us that this happened, if it-", I didn't want to hear anymore of this, so I cut her off.

"Unnie, listen to me, to us, it's not our fault that we are stuck in this situation, okay? It's all that bitch's fault that we have to do this, okay? Also, I think it's better if we all get a good night's sleep, everyone is tired already.", I told her as we dozed off to bed.

For some reason, I couldn't sleep, so I took out a picture of me and my mom together, I miss her a lot, she doesn't know the situation, what's happening around us, she doesn't know. I really want to tell her the matter, I want to protect her, it's the only way as well for her to be safe, together with my little sister.

I didn't realize that tears were falling down my cheeks, I wiped them off, but still, they were falling down like rain. I couldn't stop, maybe because I miss her too much. I went to our room's balcony, as usual, guards were checking the place 24/7. 

I looked to see some idols who were walking around the garden, some were talking to each other, having group sessions, others were just strolling around, there are also some couples walking hand in hand together. 

I then decided that maybe a night walk isn't that bad, so I quietly left the room, and went to the garden, they greeted me as I passed by them, I wasn't wearing anything fancy at all, just black clothing from top to bottom, my sneakers, together with my black sweater on top. I was holding my phone, checking to see the time.

"Its not late yet..", I said to myself as I saw the time, 11:23pm as of now. I started strolling the garden, it was beautiful, I have to admit, yes, I then sense someone who was following me, I turned back to see no one, I tilted my head to the front to see my sunbae, INFINITE's L sunbaenim, wearing almost the same outfit as me.

"Hello sunbaenim~", I greeted him.

"No formal greeting please, just call me 'oppa', that would be nice.", he told me cooly.

"Why are you here? Shouldn't you be sleeping?", I asked him as we started walking.

"I think I should be the one to ask you that, what are you doing here? You might end up having eye bags like that Tao guy.", he told me.

"Well, I'm not sleepy yet, you know, I'm worried for my mom.", I told him as I held my tears back.

"So do I, I'm worried that my mom will panick if she realizes the situation we're having right now.", he said, I began to pity him.

"You know, it's not much to say, but wherever your mom is right now, I'm sure she is proud of you, she's happy for you that you were able to meet your goal.", I told him.

"Thanks, hey, can I ask you something?", he asked turning to meet my eyes.

"Sure.", I replied confidently.

"Are you in a relationship right now?", he asked me as I shook my head. I was about to nod my head, but come to think of it twice, Kai oppa never asked me to be his girlfriend, we never even went on a date once. 

"I see.", was all he said.

"Why?", I asked him since I was curious.

"Nothing, but I know that your leader is dating EXO's leader.", he told me.