No One Is Perfect-Chapter One

Summary:

Wynter Miles has had a rough life from going to different foster families and homes, but not towns so no matter what, everyone in that town knew what happened to her and bullied her, she never seems to belong. So when her foster mother and foster dad get given an opportunity to move states she takes it gladly. 

But she didn't seem to realise that she has a big purpose in her life and soon she finds out why she never seems to belong. But some complications come along the way, involving boys'. She seems she has to choose but she never seems to make the right choice. Will she this time?

Chapter One

The sky is dreary and musky as we descend further in to this new town. I've never heard of this town and by the looks of it, I can see why. All the houses looked like a bomb hit them and there's pot holes in the roads. I've passed more cemeteries then I would've liked to see in a whole life time.

The only way I heard of this town is because Abi (my foster mother) got a job here, and it better be worth it. Last night I googled this town and the only thing I found useful is that this is a hot spot for gangs and all sorts of fighting. Mainly street fighting between people, but there are others, many others. Most are illegal now in this town, so we don't have to worry as much.

I only agreed to come here because Abi said that it would be a good time to start over and I didn't want to go to another foster family. Jared (my foster dad) hates me, but if I stay out the way, he won't yell at me. Jared only puts up with me because I make Abi happy and Abi wants some girl company. Jared is counting down the days until I can graduate, and they can kick me to the curb. Graduation is only six months away.

The rain hits my window shocking me wide awake again, Abi saw me and said, "It rains more here than it does back home, but we'll get used to it, won't we darling?"

Jared smiles sweetly at Abi, "Of course," he looks at me through the mirror, "Are you excited to go to your new school?"

I nod my head enthusiastically, but really, I just wanted to die at the thought of going to a new school. My new school is probably just like any other American high school, cheerleaders, jocks, nerds, emos, Goths, bitches, all the other groups.

We also must wear uniform, so not good.

It starts to pour down with rain as we locate our new house, which was given to us by Abi's work. I've got to say that I'm impressed; I expected something like our old little crappy cottage. The cottage had two tiny rooms, one toilet and shower, no back yard and the front yard was covered in dead grass and tall weeds.

We also had no reception and the kitchen and lounge room were the same room, so was the laundry. But this house is a two storey and sort of creepy looking. The front yard is sort of dead, but I guess that's like everyone else's yard around here, there's cracks in the wooden panels on the outside of the house. The wooden panels are a darkish brown, probably not the intentional colour choice, but it made the house look like those haunted ones that little kids fear thinking there's a witch inside. Who knows, maybe there's some murderer and maybe he'll kill us?

I laughed mentally at the dark thought, god I need help.

I walk inside, and the floor panels are dusty, but they seem sturdy enough for my weight, hopefully Jared will collapse, that fat drunk. I head upstairs to find a room that I claim as my own; the stairs only slightly groan under my weight; this house must be so old. Must be the reason why we got it for free. Well I think it's for free. I shrug to myself and quickly march up the stairs, the first door on the right held what looked like a study. I go for the next one down on the right, only to find a dusty cupboard; we'll most likely use that for towels and blankets.