Are things really better?

~~~~~~~~~Xana's P.O.V~~~~~~~

I awoke the next morning in my dads bed, I was still in my clothes from the night before. His arm was wrapped tight around me, so tight I couldn't break his grasp. But something was wrong...it just didn't feel right. His grip kept getting tighter and tighter, I could barley breathe.

"Dad," I choked "Let me go!"

That only intensified his grip on me. I squirmed around, trying to break free. Finally, he let go. I wish he hadn't...he sat up and turned to look at me. The skin on his face was in the process of falling off, and his eyes were dangling from their sockets. I was to petrified to even scream, so I sat their with my mouth gaped open in horror.

"Xana! Get up!" my dad shook me awake, thank god...it was all a dream.

"Wha...what happened?" I was still groggy.

"You were having a nightmare sweetie, it's ok," he grabbed me and pulled me close.

"It's alright dad, I get them all the time." it was true, usually every night I got at least one awful dream.

He kept me close and stroked my hair. He kept his chin on my head and my face pressed up against his chest. I felt so safe, wrapped up in his warm embrace I knew nothing would happen to me.

I woke up feeling in a "daring" mood, I guess you would call it, so I jabbed my dad in the sides with my fingers. There was no particular reason for me doing this, I just liked his reaction.

"Hey!" he jumped backward on the bed then quickly regained his composure "Ohh, so you wanna play, huh?"

He began inching towards me, as slowly as possible. I couldn't help but grin like a big dork, things were finally back to normal.

I tried to jump away from him but he pinned me down to the bed, his larger body straddled my tiny frame. I didn't even bother to try and break free, it was no use.

He wiggled his fingers into my ribs, moving up and down my sides. I broke out into uncontrollable laughter.

"DAHAHAHD! STAAHAHAP PLEASE!" my body shook with laughter.

"Aww, poor baby," he said mockingly, smirking.

He continued for awhile longer, then gave up.

I stuck my tongue out at him and he chuckled.

"Well...I'd better go shower. See ya dad!" I said as I jumped off of the bed and went into the hallway.

When I exited his room and into the hallway I walked right into Aloise.

"Uhh..." I muttered as we stared at each other, not knowing what to say.

I was not expecting what came next...