What the hell?

---------------Xana's P.O.V---------

I stomped back up the long stair case that led to my one and only safe haven; my bedroom. I couldn't believe it, why didn't he tell me that they were moving in with us?! A little heads up would've been nice. He could've written it on a note and stuck it to the fridge for all I care. "Hey Xana, I'll be home by four, there's money for pizza on the counter oh and by the way my girlfriend and her daughter (both of whom you've never met) are moving in with us. Love, dad!" That would've at least given me time to prepare. I know my reaction was quite childish, but I really didn't care.

"Xana! Get back here!" I heard my dad scream "You're acting like a 5 year old!"

"Relax, Jake. You honestly didn't tell her that we were moving in before this?" a female voice asked, I assumed it was Ella's.

Don't get me wrong, I like her and all, but I had never even known that she had a daughter and I don't think I should've just found out about it now.

I paced around my room, tugging at my hair. I really had nothing else to do, there was nothing else I could do, nowhere I could go. I picked up my phone and started texting Rebecca.

Me: Hey, something extremely shitty just happenedDX I fucked up, so badly.

She responded almost instantly.

Rebecca: What's wrong hun? Is everything ok?!

Me: I....I don't know...

I sent that last message and she responded with a phone call. Apparently, she thought I was going to kill myself. Which (I'll be honest) had crossed my mind, but I never planned on doing it. I explained to her my situation, and she told me that I shouldn't be upset with anyone, it wasn't worth it to be upset over something like that. I calmed down and began to think rationally, she made a lot of sense. I was being dramatic, but I couldn't go back down there now. I'd be too embarrassed, I felt awful for making my dad look like a fool.

"Xana! Open the fucking door!" my dad screamed from the other side of my room.

I did as he ordered and sheepishly opened my door, only wide enough for me to see him through a tiny crack. But, that wasn't good enough for him. He swung open the door, accidentally hitting me in the face with it. That hurt like hell, I let out a loud yelp and covered my mouth. I could taste and feel the blood dripping out of my mouth. But, apparently my dad didn't notice because he just continued with his rant.

"This is the last straw! I can't let you act like this anymore Xana! You made me look like a fucking idiot! I can't believe you! You were being a fucking brat back there! You wanna know why they're staying with us? Because their house burned down! Yeah, you little shit. I thought you were better than that, Xana, I really did." the look on his face told more than any of the words he was saying.

"Dad....I'm so sorry, I'm sorry. I- I, can't b-believe I did that. Oh god, I'm so sorry. I feel so terrible," I was disgusted with my actions.

"You should be! I'm done with your meaningless apologies and I'm done trying to start over with you! You act like a spoiled brat, like you're entitled to something. What? Just because you had a shitty life before this doesn't give you any right to bring others down," he raged on and on, each word felt like I was being stabbed. Just a quick bit of advice, people who say "words will never hurt you" are fucking liars.

I stated at him blankly, not a word came out of my mouth, but millions were running through my head.

He glared at me for a moment, it seemed as though he was regaining his composure.

"What happened to your mouth?"

I touched my bloodied lip and winced, it stung. In response to his question, I glanced over at the door then back at him.

"Did I...did I do that?" his eyes widened and his mouth gaped open.

I slowly nodded. He mumbled something to himself then took one last look at me before running back downstairs.

" Sorry to keep you waiting, but Xana won't be joining us tonight," he said to Ella and her daughter. What the actual fuck? He was screaming at me less than 30 seconds ago and now he was being all sweet with them! I didn't understand him.....,