Chapter Twenty-Four

Niall's POV

Today, is a special day. Today is a very important day. Today is the day I officially become Niall James Payne.

Although I'm excited to no end, I'm extremely nervous too. So nervous, I'm sweating buckets. It's gross. I hope Liam doesn't notice.

My stomach erupted into butterflies at the thought of my soon-to-be husband. How amazing is Liam going to look in tux? I bet he will look sexy as hell! I hope I look as good as him. I doubt that though.

I mentally smacked myself. I was annoyed at myself for having such big confident issues. I can only imagine how Liam feels, seeing as he always compliments me. In that moment, I promised myself something.

I would stop being so self conscious.

****

*Three Hours before ceremony*

I had decided to sneak off from my "dressing room" and look at the alter myself. But knowing Karen, it would look absolutely gorgeous.

I checked around the corner to see if anuone was coming. When I saw the corridor was empty, I basically sprinted for the chocolate brown double doors that led to the aisle. I quickly but slowly walked. Just to insure I don't get caught. I opened the door and gasped.

THIS PLACE WAS POSITIVELY PERFECT!

There were two rows of polished wooden benches that had navy blue seat cushions. On the outside of the benches were a type of whitish-yellowish cloth that looked really soft. In the middle of the two objects was a white, silk runway that I assumed I was meant to walk down. At the end of the aisle was a podium that had one candle on each side. Flowers were everywhere. On the floor, the benches, the podium. Even the medium-sized black piano that was in the back corner of the room.

I was still in awe when I glanced at the watch that rested on my left wrist. I sighed. I should probably head back.

I walked to the double doors and repeated my "spy" process. I checked to see if any guest had arrived early, or worse. Karen. Just thinking about that situation sends chills down my spine. Once I knew everything was clear, I tiptoed to my dressing room.

****

I had just sat down in the salon spinning chair that was in my dressing room when a bouncing Nicola came skipping in with a huge make up bag in her hands.

"Hi, Niall!" She screamed. "Are you ready to become a Payne?!"

"Yes, of course!" I yelled back. She laughed.

"I knew that. I was just making sure. Now, lets get started."

This was going to be a long two hours.

****

I looked in the mirror, astonished. I looked dashing!

My hair was styled to perfection in a sude quiff, but it still looked really soft. My tux was the traditional black with a white button up but with a dark purple tie. I had a small red rose pinned to the right side of my chest. My feet were covered with original black converse with the laces tied tight. Once again, I looked awesome!

Note to self: Thank Nicola later!

Suddenly the door opened and my dad popped his head in. "You ready to go, bub?"

I nodded, smiling like an idiot. I took a deep breath before letting it out.

"Let's do this."

****

Everything was set.

The guests were sitted and chatting quietly amongst themselves. The decorations were perfection. Nicola had reassured me that Liam was standing and waiting for me at the end of the alter.