Merry Christmas

Weeks passed and the prank store was doing well. George was obviously informed of the engagement... or rather my answer since he was in on it. We prepared for the shut down of the shop and packed up a few things to take with us to the Burrow. I couldn't wait to see Hermione and all the Weasleys again. During the past weeks, I visited my parents so we could catch up. I told them that I was engaged and they were honestly happy for me. They knew I'd end up with one of the twins eventually although I used to deny it. 

Upon our arrival, we were engulfed in hugs by all the Weasleys. Fred and George went to raid the kitchen while I talked to Bill and caught up. He was such a sweet heart as all theWeasleys were and I was introduced to Fleur, his wife although I already somewhat knew here from the last time she visited only they were still dating. As soon as dinner was ready, we sat down at the elongated table. We dug in. It was a brilliant dinner and I felt truly at home at the Burrow. After lunch we opened each other's presents. Mrs Weasley gave Fred and George the usual jumpers which I made Fred wear. He looked absolutely adorable in it. We sat on the couch, in each other's arms, not really saying anything. I snuggled my head in the crook of his neck and he kissed me lightly on my forehead. 

"Dessert!!!" I heard Mrs Weasley yell from the kitchen and everyone swarmed in. Fred was about to get up when I grabbed his hand. 

"We should tell them now Fred, it's been weeks." I said. 

"Yeah, you're right. Come on." We walked into the kitchen hand in hand. Ready to say something big and quite important but I just couldn't keep a straight face since George's face was covered in chocolate and he was trying to lick it off. Now tell me, is that even possible? 

"Mum, Dad, Weasleys and Hermione, we have something very important to say and it will greatly contribute to the happiness of your son and daughter-in-law, if you'd just be quite and stop eating." 

"Oh my god. Are you guys getting married?" Ron asked, his mouth full of cake. 

"Yes, thank you Ron." Fred said, he put his arm around me and whispered. 

"Brace yourself." I was confused but my confusion soon came to an end about... 3 seconds later. Mrs Weasley rushed to hug me and expressed how happy she rather loudly while MrWeasley gave me a hug, congratulated us and hugged his son. We received congratulations from the rest of the Weasley Clan and Hermione was also delightful. It was an amazing day. 

"Merry Christmas Fred." 

"Happy Christmas Gwen."