Lovey Dovey

"I can't believe you." Ginny shook her head in disapproval. She was wearing a fiery red dress that matched her hair and made her green eyes stand out. 

"What?" I asked straightening my hair. 

"The jeans and T-Shirt." I rolled my eyes and looked in the mirror as I straightened the last strand of hair. I was wearing solid black jeans and a linen-jersey tank 

"I think I look great!" I smugly remarked and headed down to the common room. 

"Hold it!" Ginny grabbed my shoulder. 

"You're not leaving without a little make-up. I will apply it with force if I have to." She said sitting me in a chair. 

"Fine." I muttered as she picked up the tools that I didn't know, and started painting my face. 

"You know the secret to make-up is to make it look like you're not wearing any at all." She used some cream on my cheeks. 

"Fascinating." I sarcastically replied. 

"Perfect." She ignored my comment. 

"Take a look." I turned to the mirror and gasped slightly. My skin looked perfectly smooth, and my spark filled black eyes were glistening. 

"You like what you see?" Ginny asked admiring my face. 

"I do actually. I'm still not going to wear it everyday, but on special occasions..." I brushed my fingers across my cheek admiring the texture. "Thanks." I turned, giving her a hug. 

"Anytime you want to look more girly just comes to me." She smiled. 

"You guys ready?" I heard a voice behind us. It was Hermione. My jaw dropped when I saw her. She looked nothing like herself. She was wearing a cream colored dress that flowed behind her; her messy hair was now a bouncing group of curls. She let out a giggle. 

I was the first to leave the girl's dorm and enter the common room. Ginny and Hermione wanted to make it suspenseful for Ron and Harry by making them wait to see them. Fred was waiting in some dark blue jeans and a solid black sweater. When he saw me approaching he stretched his arms out wide so I jumped into them, now in a bridal position. 

"Nice catch." I remarked and kissed him quick on the lips. He set me back on my feet. 

"You look ravishing." He admired looking me over. 

"Why, thank you." I pretended to blush. 

"Yah, yah. Lovey dovey. Come On! Let's get to the dance!" George said pushing us towards the porthole. 

"Where's Lee?" I asked. 

"He went on down with Callie, now come on!" Fred kept saying. I rolled my eyes at his impatience but followed him down to the Great Hall. Our prank was pretty simple. We cursed the slime filled balloons to stay afloat so when ever we're ready, we just use the counter-curse to release them. 
Fred hooked his arm through mine and we strode to the dance floor while George took a seat by the snack table. I laughed as Fred twirled me back and forth as we gracefully moved together. 

"You're quite a good dancer." He smiled the smile I loved. 

"You're not bad yourself." I half-smiled. He then swiftly swept me off my feet and gave me a kiss full of love and happiness. I gave back as much as I received. This night was perfect. Nothing could go wrong. At least, that's what I thought. 

"After this song." George whispered to me and Fred. We nodded in agreement. I scanned the dance floor for Lee, and I finally met his gaze, waving him over. He gave Callie a kiss and came over to us as she went to sit with Alicia. I listened to the final drum solo of the song and then it was quiet, except for the noise of our peers. 

"Ready?" Fred pulled his wand from his pocket. We nodded as we moved out of the way to prevent getting splattered. Fred muttered the counter-curse and slime filled balloons began to fall. We watched as our hard-work splattered all over the crowd. Cho Chang let out a squeal as one fell on her shoulder; Draco shrieked as one fell directly on top of his head. I had tears in my eyes as we laughed in hysterics at all of the reactions, then I heard my most hated noise of all. HEM, HEM! Our laughter ceased and we looked at the slime covered Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. 

"TO MY OFFICE NOW!" Umbridge roared. I looked at Dumbledore for he was the one who always decided our punishment for our Halloween prank. He nodded to follow Umbridge. My stomach fell and my face was drained of color. Fred took my hand as we followed Dolores with George and Lee beside us. 

"Who is responsible??" Umbridge asked. 

"You're not going to punish all of us??" Lee questioned. 

"Not if one of you confesses." She tapped her foot. We exchanged looks and Fred began to say something when I interrupted. 

"It was my fault Professor." I couldn't let Fred or George take the fall. After their Quidditch stunt they would be expelled for sure, and I knew Lee wouldn’t speak up. 

"Very well Miss Marshall. Mr. Weasleys and Mr. Jordan, you have detention with me for the rest of the week, and as for you Miss Marshall...." She eyed me with disgust, which almost made me laugh for the slime was oozing all over her. 

"You will join these gentlemen at detention, and I'll decide a more reasonable punishment for you there." She trilled. 

"Now go to straight to your dorms, and up to bed." She pointed angrily out the door. Fred proudly took my hand and we left with smiles on our faces.