She's Bloody Crazy!

It was finally six o' clock and I was looking forward to actually being able to be a beater for once. I changed into some jeans and an old gray sweatshirt. I grabbed my Firebolt and got on the balcony and flew down to the Quidditch field followed closely by George. Of course you weren't supposed to do that, but who was watching? 

When we got there, there were already hundreds of Gryffindor students lined up to tryout. 

"They all want to be Chasers?" I asked as soon as we landed by Harry. 

"Yep." he nodded and checked his clipboard. 

"Okay Gwen, Katie is going to show them how it's done and then you and her will show some drills and for the tryouts you'll help George with the Bludgers." I nodded and George and I went to retrieve the trunk of Quidditch balls and bats. Katie and I went through the basic skills and tricks they would need to know and then I grabbed a Beaters bat. Since I wasn't helping as a Chaser we were able to have two tryouts at a time which was helpful and fastened the process. Harry released some Bludgers so they would know how to dodge flying objects. I was definitely a fair Beater and that was when I saw Ginny and Ron step on the field. George had a half smile on his face. He was definitely not going to go easy on family members. I pelted a Bludger at Ginny and she actually did a flip that took me two years to master. She smiled at her perfection, but Ron on the other hand wasn't so good. I hit him in the shoulder and George hit him square in the back. Luckily he didn't fall. He was pretty good at balancing, he just wasn't the best flyer. Then Dean and Seamus stepped on the field and right then I heard a hem hem. We all looked down and Umbridge said, 

"Mr. Potter. I need to see Miss Marshall please." Harry nodded and Harry waved me down. I looked at George and he just shrugged. 

"Yes Professor?" I asked. 

"What do you think you're doing?" She asked tapping her foot. 

"Helping with Quidditch tryouts." I said stating the obvious. 

"I mean why are you in the position with the bat? I heard you were one of the ones scoring goals." she said knowing nothing about my favorite thing at Hogwarts. 

"You mean why am I being a Beater instead of a Chaser?" I asked annoyed. 

"I suppose. You know you are not aloud to play a different position than the one you were assigned." She said. 

"Well that's true if we are playing a game, but I'm just helping on tryouts. You see, our other Beater is out sick and-" but she cut me off. 

"I'm afraid you've disobeyed the rules. I will have to give you detention tomorrow." She said shaking her head. 

"What! Keeper tryouts are tomorrow! You need all of your Chasers for that!" I said yelling as loud as I could. 

"You should have thought about that before you picked up that batters bat." she said walking away. 

"It's beater!" I called out to her. 

"Be in my room at five thirty tomorrow evening." she said ignoring me. I ran my fingers through my hair, and went over to Harry. 

"I have to go to detention tomorrow for being a Beater for the night." I said furious. Harry shook his head knowing the unfairness, but I knew he was disappointed. I then flew back up with George. 

"What happened?" he asked not daring to crack a joke when I was this steamed. 

"I have detention tomorrow night for being a Beater." I said as I chased after a Bludger. Might as well play as a Beater for the rest of the night. Since I won't play Quidditch till our first practice. Even if that was only three days away it still didn't matter. Quidditch is the main thing that I loved about Hogwarts apart from seeing my friends of course. Now this witch was going to change that. We finished the Quidditch tryouts and I marched up to bed early. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

I said goodbye to my friends and went down for my detention. I knocked on the door and she called me in. 

"You will be doing lines for me this evening Ms. Marshall." she said bringing me over some parchment and a quill. I started to get my ink out but she stopped me. 

"You won't need any ink." she said. I looked at her like she was crazy, but decided not to argue. 

"I want you to write I will not disobey the Official Quidditch Rules." She said. 

"How many times?" I asked. 

"I'll tell you when you may stop." she said walking over to her desk. I started writing in a blood red ink. I was wondering where it was coming from when I felt a stinging sensation on the top of my right hand. I looked down to see the words engraving in my skin. Blood started to drizzle down my hand and then the wound healed itself and the skin just looked red and irritated. I didn't say anything though. She didn't need to know it hurt. I continued to scar myself for two hours and then she asked 

"It hurts, doesn't it?" she said an evil grin on her face. 

"Not at all." I lied. 

"Well, then you can stay for another hour." she said frustrated. I wish I wouldn't have said anything, but I didn't care. I knew she would have kept me longer, but she wasn't allowed to keep me past eight thirty. I somehow managed to endure thirty more minutes when I realized my hand wasn't healing. 

"Professor. My skin isn't healing." I said showing my bloody hand. 

"Pity. Looks like you've been doing it for too long. Don't worry. It'll scar up in a couple of days." She said with the snotty grin. I looked back down and began writing again and the pain was unbearable. I couldn't help but gasp or wince. I heard Umbridge chuckle each time I did. Finally I was dismissed and I practically ran to the common room. I stuffed my fist in my pocket and entered the room. 

"Hey Gwen! We've been waiting for you!" Fred said. 

"What did she make you do?" Lee asked. 

"Lines." I said. I didn't really want to talk about it. 

"What's wrong?" Fred asked. He always seemed to be able to tell when something was wrong. 

"Nothing." I said. 

"Why are you hiding your hand?" he asked. 

"I'm not!" I said irritated. Fred, George, and Lee exchanged looks and then tackled me and pulled my bloody hand out of my pocket. " 

"Bloody hell! What did she do to you?" he asked. To be honest I just wanted to burst out crying, but I didn't. I explained and winced as they prodded my hand. 

"This is crazy! She's bloody crazy!" George said. I agreed. I was not going to get on her bad side anymore. For once in my life I was scared of getting in trouble.