You're My Best Friend

"I'm not going." I said with my arms crossed and a pouty face. 

"Come on. Even Hermione's going!" Ginny said. 

"Easy for you to say! Lee and George keep ragging on me and Fred since that stupid Quidditch match. They're going to set us up!" I argued. 

"Come on. You know you like him!" Ginny put her hands on her hips. 

"No I don't! He's my friend and that's it!" I said standing up from the common room couch. 

"Right. So if he's your friend, nothing will happen. It'll be just like you and Lee." She got me there. 

"Fine. Let's go." I said walking to the porthole. She squealed and called Hermione down and we went off to the Room of Requirement. We checked to make sure no one was watching and we entered to see many faces from all different houses. I saw Cho and her friend from Ravenclaw. Cedric Diggory from Hufflepuff, Malfoy, Parkinson, Goyle, Crabbe, and a bunch of other Slytherins. I didn't see the twins then someone clamped their hand over my eyes and said in a deep voice, 

"Guess who?" 

"Let me guess... Fred?" I stated more than questioned. 

"How'd you know?" He asked. "One, you do it to me every year and two, I can tell by your hands." I grabbed his right hand. 

"My hands?" He said not pulling away. "All of the calluses from your pranks." I said tracing the rough skin and the new blisters. 

"You know me to well." He said putting his arm around me. 

"Yep." I said and walked to the circle everyone was forming. 

"Okay, this is how we're going to do it. Everyone light there wands a different colour and we'll see if anyone matches." George said pulling out his wand. Well, this was good. This would be too hard to fix the game. 

"In three, two, one!" Lee said. I lit mine a golden color, and thankfully no one matched mine. I looked around and saw Ron with a green orb on his as well as Hermione. 

"Ron and Granger! Right this way you two love birds!" Fred said and escorted Hermione to the closet followed by Ron. 

"See you in seven minutes." George said waving his fingers tauntingly. Ron grimaced at him, but I knew he was happy. They were always meant to be. 

Seven minutes later, Lee opened the door for us to find Hermione and Ron making-out. We all laughed and Ron's ears went red and Hermione's face flushed pink. 

"Alright! Round two!" Lee said taking us back to the middle. I lit mine silver this time. I looked around and I saw that Fred had lit his silver as well. We looked at each other wide-eyed. 

"This was the one we have all been waiting for!" George said and I saw Fred glare. 

"Right this way love." George hooked his arm threw mine and escorted me to the closet, Fred right behind. 

"Be good now!" Lee said and locked us up. 

"So." Fred said. 

"You're my best friend." I immediately blurted out. 

"And this is a game. So technically we're two best friends playing a game." Fred reasoned with a smile on his face. 

"True." I said naturally. 

"You heard Lee. Maybe we're more than just friends." Fred grinned and my heart skipped many beats. We both leaned in and gave each other a peck on the lips. 

"Let's try that again." Fred said grabbing my hands, giving me a studley smile. 

"Sure. I mean we got seven minutes." I said not complaining, he chuckled. I did my half smile and leaned in and kissed him passionately. My hands went from his hands to his neck and hair as his went to my waist and hips. He groaned as our tongues met and wrestled each other. I pulled him closer and ran my fingers through his hair. His fingers went deep in my skin and then the door burst open. 

"Woah! Snog Fest!" George and Lee said laughing. We weren't embarrassed. Fred took my hand proudly and led me to a couch. 

I laid on his chest and listened to his heart. He kissed the top of my head and stroked my bangs out of my eyes. 

"I've waited for this for a very long time. Five years." He whispered. 

"Me too. We were both too chicken to say anything." I said a little flustered with myself for not telling him earlier. 

"Don't be upset. You got me forever. And that's a promise." Fred said. I half-smiled and let the sound of our hearts put me to sleep.