Chapter 8

___________________________

Chapter 8: Natasha

___________________________

I wake up in a bed. The sheets were up over my head and the pillows and my hair were damp. How did I get here. I sit up and look around the unfamiliar room. Sky blue walls and dark wood furniture. Weird combination. I get up and head for the door.

"Naty you wake up!" Brian jump on my legs and squeezes them as tight as he can. I must be at my grandmothers house but how. I walk with Brian on my leg towards the kitchen. The smell of bacon and eggs quickly fill my nose ams my stomach starts doing flips. I'm starving. I haven't eaten in days. I walk a little faster and see a filled bowl of grits with a plate if scrambled bacon, jellied toast and cheese scrambled eggs. My mouth begins to water but that doesn't stop me from picking up my brother and placing him in front of the food.

"No honey that is for you. You look like your starving. Brian ate, dig in." I didn't hesitate in grabbing the plate and scarfing it down.

"You can't denying you two are related." My grandmother smiled and picked up Brian.

"See Naty a piglet too" he takes his thump and pushes his nose up like I do when I make fun of him.

"Were both piglets" he jumps our of my grandmothers arms and runs to me.

"I Love you Naty your the bestest siser" I squeeze him just a little trying to fight the tears and shoo him off to watch tv.

"Grandma I saw mom." Her attention was drawn to me now. She sat down in front of me and I told her everything that happened.

"She's doing heroin grandma. What do I tell Brian. How can I explain that to a 4 year old? his birthday is in a couple of weeks. He's going to want his mother." My grandmother gets up and walks to the fridge.

"Sweetie he wouldn't understand no matter how you explain it to him. He's just going to have to live without her. I'm so proud of the responsibility you show. Not many people are ready to be parents or even take on the roll for a sibling but you have done both. Your what he needs, stop thinking about your mother and think about your little brother." I get up and hug her. She has always been this bitter old lady to me when I was little but I guess it was to toughen me up. She must have seen the transitions my mother was going through before anyone else. I didn't realize all of it until now.

"Thank you. For everything." She hugs me back

"No need to thank me. I just wish you wouldn't give yourself a hard time. Your doing the best you can. Your not superwoman okay. I nod with my head in her shoulders. I started crying. It was beginning to get overwhelming. She lifts me up and kisses my fore head.

"Go talk to your brother. He's been bugging about you all morning."

"Oh that reminds me. How did I get here?" She chuckles a bit.

"Sorry it's not funny but the neighbor Edgar found you in the yard soaking wet in the rain crying. He carried you in and I changed you out of those soaking cloths." I nodded and went to my brother. He was messing with his stitches. He needed to get the taken out soon. I sat down in the couch and watched Brian play.

"Naty can I see talk to battle guy?" he hops up and sits in my lap. See talk was his way of saying video chat. He didn't really understand though.

"Alright hold on." I call Trell without notice. Hopefully he didn't think I was a creep or anything. My brother just really wanted to talk to him. He picked up after two rings. I put out phone on the floor and set it up with the stand.