Meeting grandmother

I stepped into the room and looked around. It was cozy and warm just as I remembered it from when I was a child, the fire was lit and there was something boiling in the pot above. There was a bed to the corner, small with a homemade quilt with wolves on it, I smiled at that and I saw that there was a small table with two chairs, and a bookshelf behind it stuffed with books and papers. Mint leaves were hanging from the ceiling. The house smelled of oak, mint and candle wax. I remember the scent from when I was little, it was comforting and I did not know how much I missed it until now. She wasn't there, no one was.

          I walked into the room warily and set my basket down on the table, greeted by a sharp jolt in my head I scream and fall to my knees in pain. As soon as it started it stopped and I looked up astonished and confused and maybe even a little dazed and I saw an elderly women standing in the door way that I just came through. I saw a flicker of anger but that went away as soon as she saw me only with the new emotions of confusion, happiness, and love.

         "Destiny?" She said in a soft voice, it was nice and was soothing. I remember her telling me stories with that voice making her voice change to fit the characters and then we would end up laughing. I new it was my grandmother, I remember her, she looks the same only maybe a little older looking the twinkle still in her silverfish grey eyes.

        "Yes grandmamma it's me." I stood up and came to her and we embraced and I was so happy, but only for a moment. "Was that you, just then with the sudden jolt of pain in my head?"

       "Yes Destiny, so I guess you found out our family's secret?"

       "Yea, along with a few other things." I started to laugh then and not long after I started to cry. Things were so messed up and I finally got to see the one person I missed the most. She had tears coming down her face.

        "I am sorry if I caused you any pain. I came home from getting some rosemary from my garden and my door was open and I saw you and I thought you were going to try something, harm me, kill me, steal from me. But as soon as I did the spell I saw that red cloak and I new it was you."

        "It is okay grandmamma, and I missed you so much. I have so much to tell you." She led me in to sit on one of the chairs and as she made tea with the rosemary she got from her garden I told her my story. Of meeting a strange wolf and helping it, and how it turned out to be Aaron the chief's son and his story, of how I found out I am a witch and that she was, and how Tom died. I told her about the wolf who wants to take me away, and how evil he is. I even told her that I had really strong feelings for Aaron and she smiled as I told her.

       "I really love him grandmamma."

     "I knew that, just hearing you talk about him tells me that. But why are you here now my granddaughter and in the middle of the night?"

       I knew that she was glad I was here, but there most be a reason for it. "The wolf who wants to take me away left a note, at least I think it was him, And it said that he took my mother and that if I did not come here to your house I would never see her again. I couldn't find her anywhere so I knew she was here."

      "Oh my, well that's very bad. I haven't seen anything and I would know if a wolf was anywhere near."

      "Yea I guessed that, but it has my mother what else am I suppose to do?"

     "What does Aaron think of you putting yourself in danger like this?"

       I could not look at her, I looked at the floor. "Well he kind of, sort of doesn't know about it."

       "So he does not know where you are, and is probably frantically searching for you."

       "Hey, I left a note!" she snorted and then we both laughed but then it became very serious again.

        "You should have told him my le destin précieuses." I did not know what it meant, I think something French but I know she used to call me that all the time when I was a little girl.

      "I can't keep putting the people I love in danger. Tom already died my father was last seen heading to the forest and then was never seen again." she frowned and looked sad and then I realized that while I lost a father that she lost a son. At least I had a mother, she lost her husband and son then never getting to see her granddaughter again, it must have been hard.

      "I'm sorry grandmamma, We really need to stop him. Or he is going to take me away." I saw fierce determination on her face and I knew we could do this. Then we heard the howl. It was long and not very far away and I knew that it was about to begin. We sat and stared at each other knowing that this could be the end and then I picked up my basket and took out my long sharp knife out ready for battle.

* I know this chapter is short, but I promise more is coming. I want to thank all the people who have been reading and have been commenting.*