The witch, Me, and an evil wolf

• Dedicated to Amathist (My sister)

       The nightmare came from nowhere, out of the dark night it ran like the wind in her head. A scream and all was silent, she woke, sweating and cold. A body outside of the village, of a man who was torn apart, into pieces, by a wolf. She knew what happened; it was like she was there, but in a dream. She would have to wait for morning to go out to see. She knew it could not be true, but she felt like it was. A vision maybe, or maybe just a nightmare. She would wait till morning. See laid there not being able to sleep, she thought about the things that Aaron said, how is it that she fell in love with someone she could not have. To someone that is half wolf even, and being told her grandmamma is a witch and that she is one too, it was all too much.

       He thanked her for saving his life, is that the only reason he talked to her, was it because she saved him from the trap and starvation? He liked her, he had too he is too kind to me just to want to thank me only for saving my life. He told her he watched her all of her life. Did he watch other people in the village? Did he watch her? The chosen one. Thoughts swirled in her head until the faintest bit of light was seen, and she got up to eat and to see if her nightmare was just a nightmare or if she was a witch who saw something that was real.

      People gathered around the body, near the outside of the gate to the village. She knew who it was before she saw him, it was the gatekeeper, Tom, he was old but still very alert. Why did he die? He put up a struggle that was for sure, and people started to cry, I felt tears on my cheeks. Tom was a good friend of my dads, and he was there for me and my mother when he disappeared. He was the night shift, to make sure no danger came to our village. I saw it, I should have come out earlier, even if he was already dead, I should have. Did this mean I was a witch? A wolf did this, was it the evil one or Aaron, no it could never be him, or maybe another. Why did he kill now, of all times?

      "Destiny, are you alright?" Aarons voice said, but I just kept staring at the body, defenseless of the guilt, the anger and the sadness that I felt.

      "Destiny... Destiny are you okay?" He shielded the body with his, standing right in front of me, he tilted my face upward and wiped my eyes, but they kept coming, pouring down my face like a waterfall that never ends.

      "I saw it... I saw it, You were right I am a witch."

      "What are you talking about you saw it?"

      "I had a nightmare, and I saw it happen, it was a vision ,Aaron I am a witch... Tom is dead because a wolf tour him to pieces, and I knew last night and I did nothing."

      "Shh... shh... it's not your fault, you thought it was a nightmare."

      "That's not true, I knew it was real I felt it... I still feel it. It's death and it's coming again I feel it. Why did he have to die? Why?"

      He wiped the tears away again and held me in a tight hug, and he would not let go. He petted my hair and just kept saying that it was not my fault. "What's wrong with me?"

      He stared at me, the look in his eyes was maddening and he shook me until I felt dizzy, he said roughly "There is nothing wrong with you, nothing!"

      People were starting to stare at the episode that was happening; I was embarrassed but much too upset to think of it. The elders and chief arrived and Aaron led me, holding my hand to stand by his father. Even Once we were at his side he still held on to my hand, his grip strong. His father and the elders did not fail to notice, the elders looked displeased and his father had a hint of laughter in his eyes, but it was sad, not only because of what happened but because of something else. Other people stared, giving me venomous looks ,I just looked back.