Chapter 13

Chapter 13:

He chuckled deeply at my hesitance. "Ah, I knew I'd be hearing from you again. How are you?"

"I'm fine. Tired, hungry, the usual." I laughed humorlessly.

"You've been running lots, I can tell. I have a feeling you didn't call for a casual conversation though, am I right?" He continued seriously, all playfulness gone from his voice.

"Correct." I sighed, running a hand through my long black hair. "I need some more money."

"Okay."

"I know it's early but- wait, what?"

"I said okay, how much do you need?" He asked casually.

"About two-hundred thousand." I laughed, knowing this was a waste of time. I mean, he's a farmer! Surely he wouldn't have two hundred- thousand dollars to spare.

"Sure, no problem. But I can't send it in the mail. Mind if I come down there?" He asked hesitantly.

I bit my bottom lip, not knowing what to do. I really needed the money, so I could buy an apartment. On the other hand, if he came down here I wouldn't only be risking my safety, but Scarlett's as well. I knew I could trust him, but what if he's followed?

Okay, I've officially become paranoid.

"Are you still there?" He asked suddenly.

That snapped me back into reality. "Yeah, can I think it over first?"

He chuckled lightly. "Sure, be my guest."

"Thanks, and may I ask you one more question before you go?" I asked nervously, fiddiling with the phone cord.

"Sure, anything." He replied seriously.

"What do you do as a living, besides a farmer. How do you make so much money, if I may ask."

"I'm just the CEO of a company." He sounded like he just shrugged it off like it was nothing, must be a small company.

"Oh cool, what company?" I asked curious and shocked.

"Have you ever heard of Drift Enterprices?" He asked amused.

No way.

"Wait, your Rick Drift? The Rick Drift!"

He chuckled. "The one and only!"

"But you make billions! Why would you live as a farmer in a no-name town? Wouldn't you be living in a mansion or something?"

"I'm a simple man. Just because I make billions, doesn't mean I need to spend it, espesially on useless things." He scoffed. There was shuffling on the end of his line, and muffled voices. "I have to go, someone is downstairs and are furious about some mishap. Apparently their phone keeps turning off and they want a replacement. Call me when you make your decision, nice talking to you."

"You too Rick, bye!"

And with that, we both hung up. Who would have thought, Rick, a man I met as a simple farmer, turned out to be the CEO of a billion dollar phone company? Certainly not me. I turned around and saw Scarlett still jumping on the bed.

"What kind of pizza do you want?" I asked picking up the phone again.

"I don't know." She shrugged.

"Well let's just get cheese, you can't go wrong there."

I searched through the hotel phonebook and found Laura's Pizzaria, my favorite back home. I sighed loudly at the thought, and dialed the number. After ordering two large cheese pizza's, one for me and one for Scarlett, I hung up and joined her on the bed. We jumped on the bed for a half an hour until the food got here. I paid the delivery girl and shut the door. I brought the food over to the bed and sat down, and we began to eat. After an hour we had already finished off both pizza's and I sighed in content, as well as Scarlett.