Chapter two

Hey guys! Super sorry its been so long! I hope you guys haven't got bored yet. Um I've just been working on a different story that's not published on here. Well, here it is. Lol what you've ALL been waiting for! I sound like I'm announcing at a circus.. well here it is!

_______________________________________________________

"Oh Hun, its gonna be okay. Rick go bring some food in here please." Said the kind lady.

"Okay love." Rick said, and left the room in a haste.

"What's your name dear?" She asked quietly.

"Chris." I mumbled.

"Chris.." She repeated.

After a moment of silence, Rick came back with a Ham sandwich on a paper plate. I smiled and sat up slowly on the couch. He handed me the plate and I snatched it quickly, eating the whole sandwich in seconds. I sighed happily. Granted, I was still hungry but I was greatful for what I got.

"Thank you" I mumbled to the couple, who were staring at me.

Okay....?

The woman finally snapped out of her trance and spoke first. "No need to thank us Hun. But what are you doin, all the way out here?"

I looked down at my intwined fingers and fiddled with my thumbs.

"I um.... got lost. I don't know where I am." I spoke truthfully.

I honestly, had no idea where I was. I looked up from my fingers and into Rick's dark peircing green eyes. "Um.... where am I?"

"Well darlin, your in Iowa."

"Iowa? This doesn't look like Iowa at all." I pointed out.

"Well this is the country part of Iowa."

"The country part?"

"Yeah."

I eyed Rick, wondering if he was telling the truth. There was a glint in his eye that I couldn't place, but other than that he seemed to be telling the truth.

"Ok....." I stretched out.

The country part? Seriously? Didn't they have a town name or something? An address to give me? Anything HELPFUL for that matter.

I mean sure these folks are really, and I mean REALLY kind. But when someone tells you their lost, you don't just say the state! You give them a street name! An address! A city! Something, Anything! Not just 'The country part.' I feel like I'm missing a piece of the puzzle here.

I mean seriously? Anyone else in my situation would just go with whatever they said. But I was born with this, feeling, kind of. I can tell when something isn't right. When someones lying, or when they are hiding something.

"Well, do you mind telling me an address I would use to figure out where I am?" I asked.

"We already told you darlin', your in Iowa."

"Yeah I got that, Rick. But where, in Iowa."

"Your in the coun-"

"Yeah I got that!" I yelled frustrated. "I need a street name! A city, a town your close to, Anything that will help me figure out where I am, exactly!"

This time it was the women who spoke up. "We'll dear, why don't you just go to sleep and we'll figure it all out in the mornin', h'm?"

"Okay," I sighed. Just then I remembered, I never got her name. "What's your name?" I asked sweetly, tilting my head a little to the side.