chapter 21

ENJOY!

Chapter 21:

____________________________

Mariya's P.O.V:
_______________

My eyes twitched. Why do I feel warm but cold at the same time? And that stupid light is interupting my sleep.

Just as I was about to fall back to sleep, the bed beneath me began to move. Wait. Huh?

I dismissed the thought as soon as it entered my brain. I must have been laying on top of James.

James... Suddenly I remembered everything. I jumped off the body that I was resting on to see that it was Youngjae.

All of yesterday's events swept through my brain as unshed tears began to burn in my eyes and a dull pain started to settle in my temples.

Lifting my fingers to my forehead, I rubbed circles on my temples while trying to push out the thoughts of James.

"Hey," a sleepy Youngjae looked over at me.
I turned my he towards him then looked to the ground, yesterday's breakdown coming to mind.

"Hey," I muttered. I looked up for another second to see Youngjae staring intently at me which caused me to flicker my eyes towards the rest of the people in the clearing.

They had made many makeshift beds for themselves and they all seemed to be fast asleep.

I rested my eyes to about 3 feet away from Yong Guk, Zelo, Himchan and Daehyun. The two younger girls sleeping in each other's embrace. Their heads rested besides each other and Lizzy's arm was laying ontop of Emily's stomach. While the other she used as a head rest.

I felt my heart crack even more at the thought of how Emily must be feeling. What happened... to James... would effect her more than it probably effects Lizzy and I.

A lump rose into my throat and hot tears streamed down my cheeks as all the pain and guilt came rushing back. I felt so guilty about being so weak... and unable to stay strong for the two girls who were fast asleep.

Sobs erupted from my mouth and short gasps which made it impossible to take in enough air. I grabbed at the ground beneath me, not being able to control the pain.

A rustling sound came from Youngjae and he was by my side in an instant and giving me instructions to help me breathe.

"It's okay, Mariya. It's going to be ok. Just breathe. Slowly. In and out." He breathed in and out with me, calmly showing me that it'll be ok.

Slowly my breathing started to return to normal but hot tears still trailed tracks down my burning cheeks. I continued to watch my girls sleeping peacefully, not a worry in the world in that moment. If only this pain free life could carry on after they woke up.

Just then, Lizzy began to stir. I quickly wiped my cheeks and stood up while straightening out my crumples clothes and tangles hair. I had to be strong for my sisters. If I breakdown then who will be there to comfort them two?

I can't do that to them.

Straightening my back, I headed in the direction of my girls. I watched Lizzy who had her head down, facing her lap where her hands lay.

She looked up once I neared her and gave me a shaky sad smile before turning to watch Emily who had a neutral expression and was softly snoring.

I sat down cross legged besides Lizzy and grabbed hold of one of her hands. Then we silently sat next to sleeping Emily, wondering how she would be when she woke up.