PERCY

THE BLOWING WIND REMINDED PERCY OF THE SEA.

Which made him happy for the moment, judging that they were going to break all ancient laws to get that stupid cure. Honestly, why did everything have to be guarded by evil stuff? The idea was about enough to swallow ten Percys.

Percy stared at the horizon with all these thoughts going through his mind, that he did not notice how quickly time had passed, until Leo announced, "Land ahoy!"

Percy glanced down. The green hills had been replaced by sandy, narrow roads. A large, round arena was visible beyond the narrow streets. There seemed to be no signs of life.

Percy knew Annabeth had been thinking about the prophecy all this time, seeing that she was very quiet. He had to admit he had given it some serious thinking too.The first two lines had been bothering him. Child of earthquakes, beware the Earth. The 'child' was Percy. No surprises. He knew very well he needed to beware the Earth, because evil spirits were hanging around. Twins' revenge threesome will birth. Okay, he had no idea what that meant. He didn't know who the twins were, or what they were. The threesome ideally mean Percy, Annabeth and Leo, but Percy wasn't sure. He knew, whatever it meant, it was trouble.

"What?" Annabeth invaded his thoughts.

Percy jolted back into reality. He was leaning on Annabeth's shoulder, staring at the ground. He sat straight and said, "What?"

"You were leaning over my shoulder and staring at the ground, where there's nothing!"

"I was not!"

"Your eyebrows knit together and your jaw clenched –"

"Fine! I was –"

" – and you looked as though you were gonna attack someone!"

"Yes!What? No! I –"

"Hey, guys, we're putting down," Leo called from ahead. "For the sake of the Gods, will you please stop quarrelling? We haven't even started our quest."

"Annabeth, I was thinking about the prophecy! Not attacking anyone," I explained.

"Oh." Annabeth blushed. "Matter of fact, even I've been doing some thinking. Victory shall Wisdom defeat... that has two meanings. Either victory defeats wisdom, or wisdom defeats victory."

"But I don't see how that can happen..."

Percy faltered. If what he thought was true, that meant Annabeth was in danger. He didn't want to start the quest with some of these lovely thoughts. Annabeth's expression darkened. Percy thougth it would be best to leave her alone for a while.

Festus landed. They slid off the dragon's back. Leo patted Festus on the head.

Percy joined him. "You speak 'creak-and-squeak', huh?"

Leo shrugged. "Like how you speak 'neigh-neigh', something like that."

"Neigh-neigh?"

Leo grinned. "So what's creak-and-squeak then?"

"Fair enough." Percy smiled. It was cool having a guy like Leo around. He always knew how to lighten up people's moods at the right times, but was also very serious when necessary. At those times Percy would actually have to crosscheck whether it was the same Leo or not. Leo was also very caring helpful. He was the most powerful Hephaestus kid Percy had ever seen. The best part was he was difficult to understand, but Percy could understand him like a piece of cake. He was pretty sure Leo felt the same. They both shared a stupid sense of humour.