Chapter Five

It was halfway through the game and everyone was tense in their seats watching the whole game unfold. I bit the inside of cheek almost to the point of blood rushing out. It was so far a tie and our team was trying to get a goal. 

" oh shit look that ugly pig, the hell is he doing" Kasey muttered getting off the bench to look over at the opposing teams player. 

He was pretty big , heavier than any of the other players. Which looked like it was against him this whole game as he was losing his breath a lot of the time. I watched as he tried to steal the ball away from Jarrett with no luck. 

" so I was talking with Noah and " She stopped talking and screamed as our team got a goal. " take that you stupid yellow oompa loompas" Kasey screamed stomping her feet. I giggled watching one of the team members stare at her. 

Kasey was a small ball of energy but when she's angry the whole world better watch out. She didn't play nice when pissed off. Known to make some people's lives a living hell. Like that time freshman year she put some guy in his place for calling some other girl ugly and fat. That kid to this day runs from Kasey in the hallway. 

" what were you saying?"

" he didn't ch" Once again she began her sentence only to stop completely. I turned to the field in time to see Noah kicking the ball towards the goalie. 

Another intense moment rippling through the crowd. The other side yelling at their team members to get the ball away. As we began to cheer, our school standing up proudly. Soon that same guy wound up running after Noah. In a swift move he stuck his leg under Noah and everything went downhill from there. I gasped , immediately rushing from the bench heading for the field. 

Everyone was surrounding Noah as I got there. The whole school on their feet calling foul. Only to stop talking for the sake of Noah. I kneeled beside him, as he clutched his knee. Eyes shut tight, from the pain. 

" are you okay?" I asked resting a hand on his shoulder. His green eyes fluttered open as they starred into mine. 

" yeah, atleast I hope so" He muttered sitting up. The medics came over instantly checking his knee to see if everything was fine. 

" you shouldn't play Noah" I said as he looked over at me with a smile. 

" I'll be fine, seriously" He told me getting up from the ground. I could see the pain in his face as he shifted onto the bad leg. Bending his knee a little. 

" Noah" I replied sternly crossing my arms. 

" listen Princess , everything is fine" He assured me, placing both hands on my shoulders. The coach came over clapping Noah's back. With a swift kiss on the cheek he was back in the game. As the player who tripped him was out. 

I headed towards the bench where Kasey sat with a worried look on her face. She glanced at me with a frown. 

" he wanted to play, I really can't keep him from not doing so" I said watching as the game continued on. My hand resting on my cheek where he kissed me. A smile lighting up my face. 

The game finally ended towards the end of the afternoon around seven. Our team winning of course with 5-3. Everyone was cheering as our marching band played a tune on the sidelines. The cheerleaders doing their little dance. Slowly people began to leave the place, talking about the falls Noah had. Yes, plural. Two other people tripped him but he kept saying everything was fine. 

" you guys were so good!" Kasey exclaimed minutes later as Jarrett came running over to the bench. He grinned as they began to kiss each other. 

" I need a victory hug" Jett shouted as the team slowly was coming over. I giggled opening my arms wide enough for him to come into. Reece joining in. I scrunched my nose from the stink of their sweat but let them hug it out.