Chapter Four

The lake in the morning was crystal clear the sun hitting the water perfectly creating a pretty glow. The winter ice melting slowly, and soon it will be ready to swim in. That is when the parents throw in their heaters, getting it warmer slowly. 

I loved coming over to our dock and taking a seat. Either reading a book or just sitting there enjoying the view. Of course it wasn't anything huge besides the other three houses around with their backyards. Still there was an element of serenity with the birds flying all over. Little animals scampering about the place. 

" thought I'd find you here" Noah said taking a seat beside me. I nodded my head realizing he was awake at eight in the morning. Something new. I gave him a questioning gaze as he smiled.

" Jude thought it'd be cute to wake up and want some eggs" Noah replied with a shrug. I chuckled realizing it was true. Jude was always doing things in spite to get whatever he wanted. He was adorable but also very smart. 

" he's too cute" I mumble as I spot a small body running around the Moore backyard "what's he doing" I asked glancing at Noah, 

" I told him that if he gets his energy out , he'll be able to transform into batman"

" Noah! you can't trick little kids" I laugh watching him shrug. 

" whatever he'll get over it, so this is our first real conversation without yelling" He grinned holding his hand up. I high fived him, nodding. 

" I could still throw you in the lake, watch your words Noah" 

" anyways I was wondering , maybe just maybe now think about this real hard-"

" Noah"

" because like don't make a quick decision and you know that just -"

' Noah, just say it" I exclaimed , rolling my eyes. He took a deep breath in, shutting his eyes. Making me frown slightly, not being able to see his green eyes. My favorite thing about him. 

" I wanna be friends, I know we've been through a lot , but I just want to repatch things, I'm leaving in June and -"

" do you think we could be friends? we've dated for three years" I whispered , reminding him of how long that lasted.

" I know, but we could prove people wrong, we could still be friends without you know having those feelings"

That one sentence just made me realize. Was he over me already. I knew it's been seven months since it ended but not a day goes by when I don't think about everything we had. People thought we would be married by the end of high school. We were so close. I guess I should learn to move on, accept the terms. 

" sure, I'd like that" I mumbled knowing in my heart it wasn't true. How could I remain friends with someone who still owns my heart. No matter how much he hurt me with the cheating. I wanted it to be over. I wanted him to leave already, let me heal completely. He just reopened the wound. 

" now can I get a hug" He grinned getting up, he helped me off. Letting my blanket fall off my shoulders. Exposing me to the cold breeze. I shivered slightly until his body warmth was the only thing I felt. His arms wrapped around me tightly. Something I missed so much. His cologne creating a warm frenzy. 

" see you at the game?" I whispered pulling away from his hug, both of us frowning. Not wanting to end it but we had to. 

" well yeah, I'm the captain" 

" of course Mr. Real Madrid" I rolled my eyes with a giggle. 

" see you soon Princ- uhh Aurora" He said catching himself in the mistake. I nodded watching him run down the path towards his house.