| letter ten november 18 1999 | *

"I was born to make mistakes, not fake perfection."

~drake

Dear Angel,

Oh, god Angel, I'm so sorry for avoiding you. It's just, Gage just really doesn't approve, and I don't want to make him mad. I've been staying at my apartment the past weeks, and haven't been able to write you any letters. I can feel all the tension in me just about to explode. For some reason, when I write to you, it feels like a massive weight has been lifted off of my shoulders.

When I wrote you on Halloween, Gage came over. That's when he prohibited me from writing. We've never had quite that explosive of a fight.

Angel...

He hit me. I just, I don't know anymore. I just love him so much, but he makes me so mad. Afterwards, he apologized, tears in his eyes. I took him back. Like always. I just can't seem to say no to him. I suppose that's why I went along with his orders, I didn't want us to fight.

Gage is gone for the week, which I suppose is good. We can see each other, and I can write you this letter. You know, I don't really know you that well, and you, vice versa. Shall I tell you about myself?

My name is Ashley Linsey Tompson, though I go by Ash. I could eat Taco Bell out of tacos, the color yellow makes me think of daisys, coincidentally my favorite flower. A movie that scares me out of my wits, yet I can't stop watching is The Shining. My ultimate past-time is watching it rain with a cup of coffee, and I adore the smell of vanilla. Sometimes, I sing in the shower, and I have an annoying hobby of rambling. Nights on end, I can sit curled in a blanket, watching Law and Order over and over again.

What about you, Angel?

As always,

Ash