Elsa's Ice Kingdom |E|

EDITED

Evangeline

My jaw hung in awe when we entered the frozen yogurt place. Elsa's Ice Kingdom! "Have you been here before, Ev?" Albert says, a smile firmly set on his face as he takes in my reaction.

I shake my head. "No but I've seen their commercials!" Albert arches an eyebrow so I fill him in. "A commercial is a television or radio advertisement in which most stores try to lure people in and make a profit out of."

Albert pinches his nose between his thumb and pointer finger as his smile is facing the floor. "You're so adorable, Ev." He chuckles, "I know what a commercial is, I was just taken back by your statement. You watch their commercials? I didn't know they had one."

"Not just one!" I beam. "Many!"

"Care to share?" He asks.

"Well I would but," I point to the cashier that's been waiting for us. "It's our turn to set our yogurts down and pay." Albert narrows his eyes as to say 'you're just telling me this now?' but in my defense, he should've been paying attention, too.

I watch as Albert sets down his cup of pistachio yogurt topped with sour gummy worms, milk chocolate Hershey kisses, peanuts and Oreo crumbs. I follow in after him with my cup of strawberry yogurt topped with strawberries, vanilla Hershey kisses, and brownie bites.

The cashier smiles, "That'll be $10.50, please."

I take out five dollars and a quarter to pay for my half but Albert is quick enough to stop me. "Did you forget this is a date? I'm paying, not you." I begrudgingly shove my money back into my pocket as Albert hands me my yogurt with a smirk. "That wasn't so bad, was it, Ev?"

I roll my eyes, "So, can I ask a question?" I've been curious as to why he keeps saying this is a date when we've already had one before.

"Shoot," Albert says, shoving his green Luigi spoon into his mouth.

"Is this a second date or something?" I couldn't help but ask. I tried to hold it in but well, you know.

Albert nods, "Sure is! Why?" He pouts in an adorably cute way. "Didn't you like our first one?"

"Oh, I did! It's just that, I thought you didn't so I've been wondering why you kept saying this is a date if our first one was sort - "

"I had fun and I liked our first date, Ev." Albert interrupts me. "I know where you're heading with this so let me just clarify something. The reason I was being strange toward the end of the night was because I wanted - want - to ask you something and I just didn't - don't - know how you'd react."

I revert my spoon from my mouth, "What was it?"

Albert struggles mentally to say the words he's trying to say. I can tell by the way his eyebrows furrow every few seconds whenever his eyes land on mine. "Will - crap this is hard - Will . . you . . b-be my girlfriend?"